Service Desk Analyst - Level 1
Salary: £13 per h
Start Date: Tue, 20th Feb 2018
Location: , Northamptonshire
Vacancy Added On: Thu, 11th Jan 2018
Job Ref No: 3013
Detailed Job Specification:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Service Desk Analyst to join a well establish organisation in Peterborough. We are Looking for multiple candidates to start in January.
Various Shifts Available. All shifts are 4 on 4 off and include weekends on a 1 in 8 rota basis. Hours 0700-2030 - 37.5 hours per week, or OOH shifts between 2000-0800.
Contracts min 3 months, with a view to going perm.
Answering incoming contacts from customers and to accurately log incidents ensuring all relevant data is captured whilst logging the incident. To provide a single point of contact to our customers and to ensure that incidents are fully managed through to resolution.
• 1st Line Support of Wintel / Retail and Hardware related incidents.
• Accurately log incidents and ensure all relevant data is captured whilst logging the incident.
• Regularly updating incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
• Proactively keeping Customers informed on incident or request status and progress.
• Escalate incidents where a first time fix is not possible to either 2nd line support or the relevant resolver group.
• Adhering to Incident management procedures.
• Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact and escalation where necessary.
• Resolve >60% of incidents logged as a First Time Fix
• Keeping up to date with the current standard procedures.
• Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
• Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
• Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Manager /Service Delivery Manager
• Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
• Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
• Contributing to team meetings.
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English.
• Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications.
• Proven Customer service skills
• Up to 6 months’ experience as an analyst within a similar environment
• Industry recognised qualifications in relevant area is desirable (i.e. MCP)
• Up to 6 months remote support experience of
o Windows Operating Systems (Essential)
o Citrix (Desirable)
o Cisco Telephony Systems (Desirable)
o Hardware troubleshooting of both desktop and server hardware. (Desirable)
o Application support of applications from major vendors such as Netapp, Cisco, Microsoft, etc (Desirable)
• Knowledge of supporting various windows applications including MS Office from end user perspective (Desirable)
• Understanding of the ITIL framework and knowledge of the various associated disciplines is desirable
• Experience of working to SLAs and KPIs and to be able to accurately describe their purpose is desirable.
• Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution.
• Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
• Ability to work under pressure and apply existing knowledge to unknown areas.
• Ability to work in a team and to support team members.
• Structured troubleshooting skills and inquisitive nature.
• Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
• Proactive thinking
• Problem management and Problem solving
If you have the above skills and experience please apply now!