2nd line Deskside Engineer
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000
Start Date: Mon, 22nd Jan 2018
Location: , London
Vacancy Added On: Thu, 11th Jan 2018
Job Ref No: 3344
Detailed Job Specification:
We are looking for an experienced 2nd line Deskside Engineer with at least 3 years experience to join a blue chip company for a permanent opportunity. This role will be relied cover for various manager service sites in the London area.
To be successful in this role:
- you will have at least 3 years experience in 1st and 2nd line IT support working in large corporate environments
- you will be familiar with remote and deskside IT support, including service desk functions.
- you will be smart and independent, willing to learn and ask questions, along with researching issues
- you will have the confidence to work in to new environments regularly due to holiday, sickness and back fill cover
- you will have the ability to quickly and easily built report with new colleagues
- you will be reliable!
- Driver license would be an advantage
- ITILv3 and A+ certifications will be an advantage, along with any Microsoft certifications
• Hardware support
• PC and Laptop imaging
• Helpdesk / Welcome desk
• Desktop support
• Printer support
• Installations, move and changes
• 1st / 2nd line support roles
Knowledge and experience:
• Education - GCSE or equivalent.
• Technical - CDW L1 / L2
• CompTIA A+
• CompTIA Server +
• CompTIA Network +
• ITIL Foundation
Experience and Skills
• Understanding the importance of business processes and compliance
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent Time management and Organisational skills.
• Flexibility – nationwide travel may be required.
• A good theoretical and practical approach to diagnosing problems.
• Ability to work independently on a wide range of products.
• Microsoft Office knowledge - Word, Excel and Outlook
• Customer support skills
• Experience of user move and changes
• Good all round understanding of hardware maintenance/break-fix
If you have the above skills and experience please apply now