Technical Consultant - Network & Security / Juniper / Cisco - South East England
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Start Date: Thu, 1st Feb 2018
Location: , Hampshire
Vacancy Added On: Thu, 18th Jan 2018
Job Ref No: 3351
Detailed Job Specification:
Experienced Technical Consultant, specialising in Network and Security, required to join a blue chip organisation. For this role you would be based in the South of England as it is and field based role covering the South East region.
The Technical Services Department provides highly skilled and accredited technical resources nationwide for project and maintenance services. The departmental goal is to ensure our clients networks operate as efficiently and reliably as possible within the constraints of our contractual obligations. Renowned for being technical experts in our field we are looking to hire an additional Technical Consultant to add to our highly skilled Network & Security delivery team.
· To implement complex solutions utilising industry recognised and vendor best practices of the highest standard
· To ensure that implementation and support issues are appropriately escalated to product manufacturers and that those problems are progressed in a timely manner.
· To maintain appropriate product certifications and an appropriate skill level and awareness of new products and product releases.
· Provision of 3rd line support during office hours to diagnose and rectify client network problems.
· Provision of 2nd, 3rd line support out of hours whilst on call as part of an 8 week rota.
· To ensure that requests for technical support, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis are serviced in a timely manner and, where applicable, within service level agreement time scales.
· To ensure that appropriate escalation processes are adhered to and that the management and customers are fully updated on the status of ongoing problems and escalations.
· To act as technical account specialist for a group of named customer accounts.
· To provide customer facing written documentation on installed projects.
· To provide technical knowledge transfer to Network Operations Centre staff in order to ensure smooth transition from projects into service.
· Provide periodic technical assistance to Pre Sales.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
The Technical Consultant will have experience of multiple vendor equipment and technologies with at least five years’ experience providing consultancy and 3rd line support on Juniper Networks, Extreme Networks, Palo Alto and Aruba Networks products.
The Technical Consultant:
· Must have excellent telephone manner & to be able to explain complex technical diagnosis over the telephone.
· Acts as a source of technical expertise to others
· Applies knowledge and skills through handling complex problems beyond own area of expertise
· Will be a personable, presentable individual who can demonstrate the technical and personal competencies required to support a varying number of new and emerging technology areas.
· Have excellent written and presentation skills
As a minimum, the candidate should hold the following Vendor certifications:
· Juniper JNCIA-Junos
· Juniper JNCIS-ENT
· Juniper JNCIS-SEC
It would be advantageous if the candidate possessed the following Vendor certifications:
· Palo Alto CNSE
· Aruba ACMP / ACMX
· Extreme Networks ENS (or equivalent experience)
· Cisco CCNP Routing & Switching (or equivalent experience)
The Technical Consultant role is a field based, covering the South East region. Monday to Friday 8.30-5.30pm
If you have the above outlined skills and experience please apply now!