Start Date: Mon, 5th Mar 2018
Location: , London
Vacancy Added On: Thu, 1st Mar 2018
Job Ref No: 3387
Detailed Job Specification:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced VoIP Engineer to join well established blue chip organisation based at their prestigious offices in London on a three month contract
Key Requirements and responsibilities:
• Responsible for the configuration, integration, implementation and operational support of Polycom video solutions.
• Strong knowledge and administration experience of 5-7 Years on Polycom infra platform
1.Polycom DMA 7000
2.RMX 4000 ,RMX 2000,RMX1500
3.Polycom Real Presence Resource Manager
4.Polycom codecs HDX, Real Presence series
• Excellent Knowledge in SIP,H.323 and ISDN protocals.
• Excellent Troubleshooting, analyzing & managing the critical Incidents, Problem tickets with out of the box thought process.
• Good knowledge in preparing RFO, RCA's, documentation, participate in RCA activities (root cause analysis) Rich experience in handling of Implementation projects.
• Review Change Requests when required and provide support of approved change records. Responsible for providing advanced diagnostic support Provide mentoring and assistance to lower level teams Create and maintain Operations documentation (client systems, processes, HowTos, work group instructions)
• Define and execute system health checks Positions will require to work in rotational shifts to support 24 * 7 operations /project assignments Work may include weekends and/or nights, for completion of client deliverables Travel and onsite support may also be required.
• Manage vendor relationship and Service Level performance with Third Party Audio and Web conferencing provider(s).
• Provision, configure, install, support and maintain all Conferencing Systems. Conference System set-up, testing and implementation of changes.
• Manage and coordinate all Third-Party vendors associated with the provision of Conferencing Services.
• Recommend automated procedures to improve on the processes in place as of the Effective Date and implementing these procedures.
• Deliver monthly utilization reports showing conference usage by location, including providing summary and detailing reports for Conferencing Systems usage by Authorized User.
• Perform Conferencing System testing and use testing procedures to validate that individual components and the overall system are working correctly.
• Supervise and support conferences with on-site Service Provider personnel as necessary to meet the Service Levels.
• Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with the manufacturers’ specifications for all Conferencing Systems.
• Provide assistance to AV field services team for any issues
• Strong integrations knowledge and experience on AV, Crestron
• Provides support to client in the assisted and independent use of audiovisual equipment to provide for high quality communication of information during all types of conferences and meetings
• Help the Technology Build team test/document the new conference room setups.
• Assist and coordinate with AV field services during Town Hall meetings and multiparty video conferencing events.
So if you are an experienced VoIP engineer looking for your next exciting contract, please apply now!