Desktop Team Leader - Technical - Level 2 Engineers
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Start Date: Sun, 1st Apr 2018
Location: , London
Vacancy Added On: Thu, 8th Mar 2018
Job Ref No: 3394
Detailed Job Specification:
We are looking for an experienced Technical Desktop Support Lead to join a multinational blue chip organisation based in London to lead a team of level 2 engineers and act as a number 2 to the Service Desk Manager.
You will fill a key role within the IT Service Management team reporting into the Service Desk Manager. The objective is to ensure 2nd line support services are delivered effectively and efficiently within a culture of continual service improvement. You will be a problem solver and effective can do person.
The role principally focusses on the provision of technical support of systems and services to the internal user base and other IT customers. Together with other Service Support Leads (primarily Service Desk and Joiners, Movers Leavers), the role will share responsibility for out of hours support and the progression of knowledge management.
The Desktop Support Lead will operate within the IT Service Support team which covers the hours of 7am - 7pm and covers the following areas:
- Service Desk (L1)
- Desktop Support (L2)
- Industry Showcase Events Support
- Joiners, Movers Leavers
As one function, the IT Service Support team is primarily responsible for request fulfillment and incident management of systems and services, with some involvement in the progression of transition, change and release management.
Core team objectives include:
- delivery of 1st and 2nd line IT support services to the internal business, aligned to ITIL best practice
- coordination of support resources, promoting knowledge share and upskilling, to achieve a trusted and respected centre of excellence
- proactive alignment with technical direction provided by Operational / Technical / Project teams
- collaboration with the Service Transition function to ensure activities move seamlessly from the project to the support environment
- maintained focus on continual service improvement
- Line management responsibility for Desktop Support resources including time and workload management, 1-1s and performance development / service reviews
- Proactive Incident resolution within SLA, working closely with 3rd line resolver groups
- Provide technical leadership to Service Support resources aligning with and supporting End User Computing initiatives
- Participate in operational readiness activities for project activity transitioning to BAU support
- Utilise escalation procedures for Incident management focussing on resolution and service
- Create, maintain and review knowledge articles shared across SIEE IT
- Maintain security awareness in line with Global Information Security Policy and Global Information Security Standards
- Proven 1st/2nd line support experience within an enterprise environment
- Good working knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 enterprise & MAC OSX and Office Suites
- Microsoft Outlook & Exchange
- SAP, LANDesk V10, OSX server,
- Intermediate networking skills (TCP/IP, basic understanding of network topology (including wireless), switches, routers etc).
- Firm grasp of ‘Group Policy’ concepts e.g. order of processing, enforcing, restriction identification
- RSA setup and administration
Problem Solving Skills
Windows workstation support and administration
- Ability to lead a team
- Exceptional customer service and support focus
- Sound understanding of ITIL best practices
- Proven commitment to troubleshooting, diagnostics and root cause analysis
- Ability to foster and maintain cooperation and communication across business functions
- Understanding of Project Management, PMO functions and Service Transition
If you have the above outlined experience and skill set please apply now!