Storage/Backup Technical Architect
Salary: £450-£550 per day
Start Date: Sun, 25th Mar 2018
Location: , Kent
Vacancy Added On: Mon, 12th Mar 2018
Job Ref No: js 3400
Detailed Job Specification:
Storage/ Backup Technical Architect
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Storage/ Backup Technical Architect to join well established blue chip organisation based at their prestigious offices in West Malling Kent.
As a Storage/ Back up Technical Architect you will:
provide technical capability, governance, and vision within our clients new and existing customers, and work with programme managers to evolve customer campaigns.
You will work with centralised enterprise operational, and customer project teams to provide detailed design and guidance on all aspects of infrastructure solutions.
Additionally you will be the technical focal point for storage and backup within the team, and provide consulting to the extended IT Services teams where and when required.
You must be self-motivated, with strong communication (both written and oral) skills and be able to guide a team of implementation technicians. You will be working at a senior management level defining & delivering major technical projects, strategies, & architectures.
• Will liaise with other TDAs to identify storage and backup needs, design
optimal storage and backup solutions, and help guide the design and
• Interpret information in a concise, non-expert language to those who need
associated information to make business decisions, and those within the
Service Design practice without the same level of knowledge.
• Understands the storage and backup technologies underpinning lines of
service, their service components, and how they form the portfolio of #
• Assist in identifying existing operational platform issues, and work with
the service lines to advise on architecture to offer immediate and long-
term solutions recommendations.
• When charged help identify improvement opportunities for lines of service,
participating in the decision process for adoption of new technologies,
recommending new projects and initiatives, and assist defining project
requirements and key deliverables.
• Ensures necessary technical training, awareness, and experience levels are
maintained within their area of expertise.
• Understands, articulates, and implements best practices related in their
area of expertise.
• Depending on the work environment, may lead or be an active participant of
a work-group with the need for specialised knowledge.
• Provide guidance on how their area of capability can resolve an
organizational need, and actively participates in all phases of the project
life cycle, proving guidance, governance and solution assurance.
Skills and Experience Required
• At least 5 years in a technical leadership role coordinating different
technical streams of a project, with the primary focus of most or all of
these roles being in the specialist field.
• Demonstrable specialist expertise across multiple vendor or project
• Knowledge of vendor offerings including from EMC, IBM, HDS, Cisco, Veritas
and NetApp; as well as key leading technologies including VPLEX, VMAX, SVC,
VSP, Avamar, NetWorker, NetBackup, TSM, DataDomain, and ONTAP.
• Knowledge of storage array networks including FC, IP (FCoE/ISCSI) and NAS.
• Knowledge of various storage types including File, Block and Object.
• Optional but desirable are qualifications in storage and backup area, which
may include a vendor’s certification programme.
• Proven record of delivering specialist expertise across departmental
divides, delivering benefits for the greater good of the whole organisation.
• Broad knowledge of software/hardware technologies in the current market
• Knowledge of architectural principles and techniques above the physical
• Experience of designing & implementing infrastructure solutions as part of
major multi-stream change programmes.
• Experience of designing & implementing multi-vendor, multi-layered,
infrastructure solutions for medium-large enterprise spanning multiple
So if you are a Storage/Backup Technical Architect looking for your next exciting contract please apply now!