Network Support Engineer / IT Support Administrator
Salary: £18,000 - £25,000
Start Date: Tue, 1st May 2018
Location: , Hampshire
Vacancy Added On: Sat, 14th Apr 2018
Job Ref No: 3436
Detailed Job Specification:
|A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Network Administrator to join a well establish organisation in Andover, Hampshire.
We are seeking to appoint a knowledgeable, flexible and enthusiastic full-time IT Technician to assist the Business Systems Manage for a well-established and growing successful company, the role will be office based at our Andover site. There will be a mixture of 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line Support activities. Your main responsibility is to be the first point of contact for internal/external staff of all there technical queries. It is a fantastic, professional and friendly environment to work in and you will have the opportunity to learn new skills and technologies on the job.
Technical Requirements & Knowledge
• PC Setup/Configuration/troubleshooting
• Windows 7/10 Desktop Operating Systems
• Microsoft Exchange 2010 – Mailbox Setups, Storage Size & Public Folders
• Microsoft Office 2010/365 Support/ Installation (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
• Active Directory – Password Resets & Account Creation
• Working knowledge of computer networks.
• Working knowledge of Spam Filters
• Software installation
• Anti-Virus & Firewalls
• Configuration & Troubleshooting of Mobile Phones & Tablets
• Understanding of Printers
• Symantec Backup Exec 2015
• Network Storage & Shares
• Introduce and advise on new & existing software and hardware
• Windows Server 2008 - 2012
• Remote management tools
• Wireless Systems
• Synology NAS
• Mac OS
• Exposure of ERP Systems
• Be the first point of call for IT issues with support provided by external support companies if needed.
• To maintain a high degree of customer service to internal staff for all support queries, take ownership of user problems and be pro-active when dealing with issues.
• Troubleshoot and assist users face-to-face, by phone, by email or by remote access.
• The day to day running and setup of the users Computers, Phones and Tablets for office based staff and VPN users
• General maintenance & Security of peripheral devices, escalating issues to Business systems Manager when necessary.
• Maintaining inventories of IT equipment.
• Contract management with IT support/software companies.
• Sourcing/Procurement of all IT related items (Hardware/software etc)
• Undertake admin duties & Assist other teams as required
• Involvement in IT projects and any other IT activities as required.
• A natural problem solver with excellent troubleshooting skills
• Customer Service oriented
• Strong team player with good communications skills face to face and on the telephone
• IT experience from previous roles or qualification at college/similar
• Ability to prioritise workload under pressure
• Able to provide outstanding references
• Professionalism & Integrity
• Always willing to learn
• Working hours – Monday – Thursday 8:30am till 5:15pm & Friday 8:30am till 4:00pm
• 30 Minutes lunch break
• Occasional out of hours duties required
• 25 Days holiday per year
• Pension Scheme
• Life Cover
If you are looking for a role where you will be supported and have the opportunity to learn new skills and technologies on the job, this is the role for you!