Network Engineer - Security, CCNA CCNP CCDA - SC Clearance
Salary: £37,000 - £42,000
Start Date: Tue, 1st May 2018
Location: , Wiltshire
Vacancy Added On: Sat, 14th Apr 2018
Job Ref No: 3347
Detailed Job Specification:
An fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Network Engineer (Security, CCNP, CCNA, CCDA) to join a highly sucsessful organisation based in their offices in Corsham, Wiltshire.
The Network engineer will maintain Network Components for the IT Corporate and Security networks, including switches, firewalls, routers and connectivity. Ensuring maximum availability of the LAN and WAN infrastructure.
SC Clearance is required for this role.
• Establishing the networking environment by assisting design of system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing network standards.
• When required, assist with the design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience and standardisation of the current environment.
• Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects and suppliers on network optimisation.
• Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments.
• Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies and monitoring access.
• The support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policies.
• Provide daily reporting on the network operational status.
• On-going upgrading of the data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
• The configuration of routing, switching and firewalls.
• Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
• Capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within the network.
• Liaising with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis.
• Confident and proficient in dealing with IT issues
• Relevant certification e.g. Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
• Security clearance (highly desirable) or the ability to gain security clearance
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must have a full clean UK driving licence
• Good communication skills and able to support out of hours work including being part of an on-call rota.
If you are an experienced Network Security Engineer, please apply now!