Quality Test Manager - IT - Consumer Electronics
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000
Start Date: Fri, 1st Jun 2018
Location: , Hampshire
Vacancy Added On: Tue, 22nd May 2018
Job Ref No: 3479
Detailed Job Specification:
We are looking for an experienced Quality Test Manager, from a consumer electronics background to join a large organisation in Basingstoke.
This is a permanent opportunity offering a very competitive salary of £60,000 - £80,000 per annum.
This is a new role required to design and create a Product Regulatory function responsible for delivering product integrity review across the end-to-end portfolio of technology products manufactured, purchased and sold by this distributor, ensuring that products are safe for use and compliant with local legislation in the market of and at the point of sale.
What you will be responsible for and how you will grow:
• You will have the opportunity to design and lead the regulatory and product conformity strategy on varied product classification within a wide range of global leading household as well new emerging technology brand names and own brand product.
• You will work closely with the [Information Governance, Master Product Data] Purchasing, New Product Development/Engineering, Commercial Contracts, [Export and Trade Controls], Compliance, Logistics and Operations teams and other business functions.
• You will apply your regulatory expertise to assess the status of compliance of our product portfolio and ensure at supplier and product on boarding (and pre-production for own brand product) that all applicable technical, regulatory, product conformity, certification, safety, packaging, labelling and documentation standards are met for the country/ies of sale.
• You will develop the in-house knowledge base for end-to-end supply chain integrity and Quality Management System verification on factories and suppliers, product regulatory approvals (where pre-market approvals are required) for own brand product, and for resale of third party finished goods according to each product’s specifications.
• You will advise on, with external technical advice as appropriate, the applicable product conformity, safety and environmental directives/standards on a global basis.
• You will establish appropriate sampling regimes, test methods and Acceptable Quality Level Plans for receiving markets. You will identify and establish risk tolerances, systems and processes for conducting appropriate supplier and product on boarding checks and approvals, record keeping, and ensure appropriate ongoing assurance of the adequacy of the product compliance regime.
• You will develop and co-own the product onboarding approval process.
• You will build and develop the in-house knowledge management database across the product range and by market.
• You will implement and maintain a certificate and technical file database for suppliers.
• You will provide input into and guidance to the Operations and Logistics functions on the product conformity and safety requirements as they impact export and import of products across borders into the end markets of sale of our customers. You will advise on the product conformity and supporting documentation requirements for customs clearance.
• You will identify and communicate regulatory status (including monitoring for changes in regulatory requirements in all countries of sale) and ensure prompt communication of risks and commercial impacts.
• You will develop and maintain familiarity with applicable legislation, guidelines and current industry practice that impact the technology sector and provide appropriate training to the business.
• You will establish the ongoing risk assessment regime of suppliers.
• You will be supported by and lead a team of at least two regional product regulatory and conformity managers supporting one or more of the following regions: Americas, EMEA and APAC.
• You will develop and co-own key relationships with stakeholders across the business, as well with key regulators and third party product conformity advisors, laboratories, test houses and advisors.
• You will be a member of the Response team and co-own the Product Incident Response Procedure ensuring appropriate pre- and post-sales controls, recordation, escalation and response to complaints regarding product failures to ensure post market surveillance obligations are complied with
• In conjunction with the Legal and Compliance function, you will support investigations and undertake appropriate remedial/corrective action where product quality, conformity and/or safety control failures occur.
• You will have an awareness of and be required to escalate to the Legal and Compliance function potential Export Controls and/or Trade Sanctions compliance risks for specific product/customer/country sales transactions.
Is this you?
• Proven experience (minimum 7 years’ experience) in technology product lifecycle management in regulatory affairs in at least one or more key region: EMEA, Americas, and/or APAC. Global experience preferred.
• Effective and clear communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in global cross-functional teams.
• Strong sense of urgency and achievement.
• Ability to work autonomously and provide independent opinions.
• Excellent organisational and documentation skills.
• Ability to influence, with the ability to be direct yet diplomatic.
• Ability to identify issues and work to find solutions.
• Clear understanding of business needs and impact of role upon those needs.
• Acute attention to details.
• Ability create a positive impact and convey confidence and credibility to others
• Ability to make decisions with confidence relying on previous experience to inform those decisions
• Ability to produce results, prioritise objectives and schedule work to make best use of time and resources
• A good understanding of the commercial implications of role
• Ability to cope effectively with pressure and setbacks and maintain commitment in spite of opposition
• Regulatory, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Product Safety and Conformity.
if you have the above outlined skills and experience please apply now!