Start Date: Mon, 21st May 2018
Location: , Hertfordshire
Vacancy Added On: Tue, 15th May 2018
Job Ref No: 3480
Detailed Job Specification:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced warehouse manager to join a blue chip company at their offices in High Wycombe.
You will oversee the warehouse and the staff within, and ensure smooth day to day running of operations along with keeping records and producing reports.
• The safe receipt, storage, retrieval, tracking and timely dispatch of goods
• Close working with all teams, including the service desk, engineers, facilities, transport
• Meeting all Health and Safety, hygiene requirements, regular audits and compliance with current legislation.
• The security of the buildings and stock.
• Planning the layout for optimum efficiency and space utilisation. Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts and inspecting equipment
• Meeting all productivity targets and maintain computerized administration and automated storage and retrieval systems.
• Management of the team within the warehouse, dealing with personnel issues such as the recruitment, training and discipline of staff.
• Manage and engage in the picking, packing and distribution activity.
• Compliance with all warehousing and shipping legislative requirements.
• Workload planning
• Management of the staging area to ensure customer commitments are met and work is scheduled in advance to maximise the resource available
KEY MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
• Customer satisfaction ratings
• Achievement of SLA’s
• Delivery meets required quality standards
• Completion of monthly objectives (set by operations director)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven work experience as a warehouse manager
• Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
• Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
• Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
• Leadership skills and ability manage staff
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• honest and trustworthy
So if you are an experienced warehouse manager looking for your next exciting role please apply today!