Service Delivery Manager/ Service Desk Manager
Salary: up to 72000 euros per annum
Start Date: Tue, 19th Jun 2018
Location: , Europe
Vacancy Added On: Fri, 15th Jun 2018
Job Ref No: js 3519a
Detailed Job Specification:
Service Delivery Manager/ Service Desk Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Service Delivery Manager/ Service Desk Manager with a minimum 4 years managing a Service Desk / Service Desk function in an International Corporate environment to join well established blue chip organisation based at their prestigious offices in Luxembourg
If you are looking for a challenging IT career, and you like to work in a vibrant environment with access to training and expertise, this is the role for you.
The primary role of Service Delivery Manager/ Service Desk Manager is to service the IT support needs of our clients end-users and customers in a demanding and result-oriented environment.
The Service Delivery Manager will manage and oversee all ServiceDesk staff and ensure that end-users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of tickets, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of all ServiceDesk functions.
The responsibility further extends for planning, designing, and analyzing the organization’s IT Services per the best practices that are consistent with company culture and business processes.
These processes must ensure high levels of customer service quality and availability.
This challenging role requires excellent client-oriented communication skills and a thorough, logical approach to problem solving.
You will be expected to be responsible for staffing capacity planning, service process design, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans.
As a Service Delivery Manager/Service Desk Manager you will contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end-users when necessary. This role is for an experienced professional with the expectation that you will have a high level of hands-on experience and the potential to play a leadership role within the organization.
As a Service Delivery Manager/ Service Desk Manager you will have the following responsibilities
Strategy & Planning.
• Analyze performance of ServiceDesk activities and documented resolutions,
identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality
of service and to prevent future problems.
• Plan and conduct performance appraisals and coaching of ServiceDesk staff.
• Collaborate with other departments to identify common areas of service.
• Ensure and arrange appropriate training initiatives for new and existing
• Manage the overall ServiceDesk activities and staff.
• Manage the processing of incoming requests to the ServiceDesk via
telephone, e-mail, web portal, walk-in, or other channels to ensure
courteous, timely and effective resolution of end-user issues.
• Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
• Track and analyze trends in ServiceDesk requests and generate statistical
• Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive
• Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on
request trends and make recommendations.
• Oversee development and communication of KB Articles, FAQs for end-users.
Training and Development.
• Attend training seminars, conferences and trade shows to broaden knowledge
of current and future ServiceDesk issues and technologies.
• Oversee the development, implementation and administration of ServiceDesk
staff training procedures and policies.
• Train, coach and mentor ServiceDesk Technicians and junior staff.
• Identify, recommend, develop and implement end-user training programs to
increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
• Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on
support to end-users when necessary.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in
support of ServiceDesk technology.
As a Service Delivery Manager/ Service Desk Manager you will have the
Required Professional Experience as follows:
• 4+ years managing a ServiceDesk / service desk function in an International
• Extensive application support experience with Windows applications.
• Extensive knowledge of computer hardware.
• Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
• Experience with desktop and server operating systems.
• Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and ServiceDesk
• Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical
• ITIL certification preferred.
• Project Management certification preferred.
• Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
• Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
• Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to work under severe pressure situations
So if you are an experienced Service Delivery Manager/ Service Desk Manager looking for your next exciting challenge please apply now!
Back To Search Results