Technical Support Trainee / Graduate - iManage Worksite
Salary: £16,500 - 18,500
Start Date: Sun, 1st Jul 2018
Location: , Nottinghamshire
Vacancy Added On: Mon, 11th Jun 2018
Job Ref No: 3520
Detailed Job Specification:
We are looking for a highly motivated Technical Support Trainee to join a well established organisation based in Norwich.
This is an exciting role where on the job training will be provided, exposing you to excellent development opportunities and the ability to grow within a fantastic company... in return you will need to have general Technical knowledge in the following:
• Databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, MS/SQL, PL/SQL, MS Access).
• Web/Application Servers (Apache, IIS, BEA Weblogic, IBM Websphere, Tomcat).
• Email Systems (Exchange & Lotus Notes)
• Microsoft Office programmes e.g. Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
• Programming Languages (VBA, .Net , Office, C++)
• Windows 7 , XP, 2000, operating systems
• Knowledge of IP Based Networking Technology
Our client specialise in implementing & supporting Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions in the Legal, Banking, Professional Services and other markets.
Working predominantly with the iManage Worksite suite of ECM products, specialising in Document Management, helping clients manage their documents, emails and other unstructured content.
The role will be based from our Norwich office and will involve a variety of activities including a small amount of software development; some systems analysis and also general customer support tasks. There will also be other project objectives set from time to time to allow the role to develop further. Full on-the-job and some external training will be offered.
• Issue diagnosis & resolution and call management
• System customization
• Developing internal Systems & Solutions
• MSSQL Analysis and Development
• VBA / .Net Macro Development
• Outlook Development
Occasionally the role will involve site visits to deliver on-site assistance with system rollouts and migrations, etc. The successful applicant will need to be a “self-starter” with excellent communication and time management skills, general technical knowledge and the desire to grow their skills and involvement within the business. Strong problem-solving skills and a methodical approach are also essential.
Job details / benefits:
• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm.
• Holiday: 20 Days Annual leave increasing by 1 day per annum (To a max of 25 days)
• Company auto-enrolment pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
Please apply now if you are interested in the this fantastic opportunity!