Infrastructure Engineer - 3rd Line - SC or DV cleared
Salary: £35,000 - £38,500
Start Date: Mon, 13th Aug 2018
Location: , Berkshire
Vacancy Added On: Mon, 6th Aug 2018
Job Ref No: 3626
Detailed Job Specification:
Experienced 3rd line Infrastructure Engineer required for a permanent opportunity in Aldermaston.
You will Provide a quality 3rd Line experience for all internal customers and external, and to engage with our key suppliers and support functions. This role is strategically important in the continued development of IT Services in an Enterprise Server Management function that will include troubleshooting on all supported platforms.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
Day-to-day management of the server environment including patching, image config/deployment, server storage
config/managment, system build, file storage management and system administration.
Level 2/3 operational server support and can include troublshooting of Windows/VMWare, Storage & Backup environments as part of your team responsibilities.
• Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016, infrastructure experience, OS install and configuration, imaging.
• Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 Active Directory knowledge, understanding of Group Policies etc.
• Azure \ Cloud \ Virtualization – VMware, Citrix & Hyper-V experience.
• Technical proficiency in server and storage hardware and software; ability to consult with other IT groups on system designs and support as a recognized technical expert.
• Good Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft WSUS, SCCM, and SCOM.
• Hands on experience of supporting L2 & L3 Operational activities & troubleshooting.
• Understand performance monitoring and be able to produce performance reports.
• Proactive management and monitoring & troubleshooting operational issues.
• Maintain disaster recovery plans, regular review to ensure Disaster Recovery strategy aligns with business requirements. Oversight of Disaster Recovery validation on a regular basis
• EMC Networker
• HPE ProLiant Servers
• Virtualization – VMware, Citrix & Hyper-V
• Producing technical documentation
• Good understanding of server storage concepts
• General Application Support
• Linux/AIX server support
• Experience of working in controlled Data Centre environments.