Transition Engineer- Application and Cloud - 3rd Line
Salary: £300- 350 per day + working from Home 6 months
Start Date: Sat, 1st Aug 2020
Location: , Cambridgeshire
Vacancy Added On: Fri, 31st Jul 2020
Job Ref No: 4245
Detailed Job Specification:
Excellent new contract role for an experienced Transition Engineer, working at 3rd Line level dealing with Application and Cloud technology for Monitoring and Support Services for a large ITSM.
Contract - Minimum of 6 months.
Initial 6 months will be working from home, any WFH Kit will be provided. After this time the role will be based on site in Hampton, Peterborough for between 3-5 days per week.
As experienced 3rd Line Application and Cloud Transition Engineer we would expect the following essential skills:
This is an external customer focused role, bringing on board the new customers for monitoring and support services.
The candidate will need project skills, be comfortable dealing with customer contacts at all levels and technically able to discuss methods in detail and with ease whenever needed. They will need to be clear and concise in both verbal and written communications, especially as face to face meetings are unlikely for quite some time. Interpersonal abilities are as important as technical prowess. This will not suit someone used to contract 3rd line support roles that is simply fixing a broken asset from an incident ticket to return it to service, the role is more complex as we are dealing with a wide verity of external customers of the ITSM company.
Azure/AWS admin knowledge.
Configuration of SNMP, powershell, SMI-S and other remote protocols.
Use of Group Policy and scripts, linux administration useful.
Able to troubleshoot communication errors, DNS and authentication.
Configuration of ILO ports and hardware devices for SNMP and syslog.
Familiarity with the concepts of monitoring tools, how they work and communicate.
More detailed information:
• At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar SLA driven support role
• Proven Customer service Skills
• Proven experience delivering projects and complex changes.
• Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas.
• Proven knowledge/experience in the following technologies – Certification an advantage:
o Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019 inc Hyper-V – Essential
o Active Directory (Core AD Services, DNS, DHCP, GPO, AD Replication) – Essential
o Exchange 2013/2016/2019 – Sound Knowledge
o Microsoft SQL Server Administration – Sound Knowledge
o Lync / Skype for Business - Experience
o Powershell and scripting – Experience
o Cloud Technologies – Experience
With ideally the desirable eliments as follows:
• VMware / vSphere 5.5 – 6.5
• Security Clearance (SC) advantageous.
Experienced in ITIL best practices desirable. Ideally holding an ITIL Foundation certification.
We require an experienced Engineer to:
- Respond and action work packages logged by Transition and Design
- Respond and action pre-requisite activities logged by Design and Transition
- Learn and deploy required internal tools sets in line with Service Design.
- Provide assistance to Team members and Analysts as required.
- Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Managers/Service Delivery Managers.
- Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
- Work with consultants to better understand issues and resolutions.
- Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required.
You will have the following personal attributes:
Good communication skills, verbal and written.
Punctual and reliable.
Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual.
Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution, or to identify when escalation is necessary.
Ability to work under pressure.
Ability to work in a team and to support team members
Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
Actively seek to improve and grow own skills and knowledge base in appropriate technologies to pass industry standard certifications.
If you have the outlined skills, experience and attributes and you looking for your next exciting contract role, please apply now!