SC level security cleared Bids and Proposals Manager
Salary: £85,000- £73,000
Start Date: Tue, 13th Oct 2020
Location: , Hampshire
Vacancy Added On: Mon, 12th Oct 2020
Job Ref No: 4254
Detailed Job Specification:
We are looking for a SC level security cleared Bids and Proposals Manager, to join a Global Technology Company, based in Farnborough.
We are looking for someone with energy, self-starting with experience of writing winning proposals for sizeable opportunities with UK MOD. Must be security cleared to a minimum of SC level government clearance, must be able to demonstrate relevant and recent experience in the role.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
Reporting to the Head of UK Programmes, the Bids & Proposals (B&P) manager is categorised as a Senior Specialist Project Manager L4 with the company structure.
The role will be focussed on multidisciplinary bid estimating and proposal management of Tactical Communications projects working alongside the Business Development, Sales, Programme Management, Bid Management and Engineering teams.
The B&P Manager will utilise capture strategies and plans to assemble and manage a bid team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. They will be able to think strategically to develop the necessary win themes and take responsibility for all proposal development activities.
The B&P Manager must be comfortable handling work relating to single source proposals and working with CSS on the production of quotes for customers as well as working on large competitive bids where they will be required to manage cross-functional teams. The B&P manager is typically responsible for managing an opportunity from qualification through to contract award, including coordination of value proposition / strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, partner identification, and risk management.
Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes. This role requires the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines. It also requires an ability to manage cross-functional teams and work collaboratively with internal departments to create financial models and develop proposal documentation as well as working closely with the business development and sales teams to identify and implement the right bid strategies.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• To manage the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities
• Develops the bid schedule and estimate to bid.
• Manages the gate review process for opportunities.
• Manages the budgets for all bids.
• Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
• Ensures all requirements are identified and addressed in proposal and conducts relevant peer and management reviews.
• Ensures consistency throughout the proposal and associated deliverables.
• Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process. Responsible for the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation.
• Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer.
Degree (or equivalent) educated.
• Ability to create and manipulate bid financial models in excel.
• Knowledge of Shipley or equivalent bid management process.
• PC literate and able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
• Understanding of customer procurement processes and competitive procurement methods.
• Defence background.
• Knowledge of military communications equipment.
• Understanding of bidding process and scoring systems in use by UK MOD Procurement agencies.
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
• Strategic thinker.
• A natural forward planner with good organisational skills.
• Ability to manage cross functional teams.
• Reliable, tolerant and determined.
• Good negotiator with the ability to deal effectively with challenging people and situations.
• Coherent communicator (both written and oral).
• Able to work collaboratively with others and be a team-player.
• Experience in a bids and proposals environment, ideally in the International Defence industry.
• Experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery
• Technical experience in the communications industry either through an engineering background or working closely with engineering in previous roles.
• Detailed knowledge of bid finance techniques in the commercial defence environment
• Experienced at working at CEO / Director Level (internal and external customers).
• Conversant with the competitive marketplace.
• Understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures.
• Able to travel and conduct out of hours working when required.
If you have the outlined skill and experience, plus SC level security clearance, please apply now!