1st line Support 5039
1st Line Service Desk Analyst
1st line Support job
This is a permanent role.
Salary is in the range £20k – £25k depending on level of experience.
Location – Abingdon, Oxfordshire – Hybrid
Hybrid – minimum of 2 days in the office,
Rotating weekly shift pattern as follows:
• 8.00 – 4.00pm
• 9.00 – 5.00pm
• 10.00 – 6.00pm
As part of a global Service Desk team you will provide support to teams across multiple locations globally, using the ITIL framework as a model for best practice
This role requires tenacity, a can-do attitude, where absolute delivery is a key behaviour. Your positive outlook will contribute to a high performing team. The role will see you further your technical skills and professional expertise in a dynamic and challenging environment.
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience of providing customer service
• Excellent communication skills and willingness to help.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical colleagues both written and verbal
• Very good attention to detail and completion of incident records in the ITSM.
Education and experience
• Minimum 1 years Technology Support experience in a similar role.
• Technical support experience of Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7 and Office 365.
• Technical support experience on IOS and Android mobile devices.
• Windows Server, Networking, Active Directory experience would be advantageous.
• Previous PC hardware, printer, scanners, and mobile device troubleshooting desired
• Desired – A BTEC, HND or degree in a technology related subject
• Usage of the Service Management Tool (ITSM) to record and manage incidents in accordance with processes and within SLAs.
• Using an ITIL framework, provide technical support within SLAs.
• Escalating tickets to 2nd tier, as necessary.
• Working as part of a global team
• Accountable for achieving 1st level fix rate in accordance with departmental KPIs by developing and maintaining a good overall knowledge of the Technology Services and Infrastructure supported by them
• Ensure all calls and tickets are effectively recorded and managed and owned through resolution and closure
• Act as a team player to share information and knowledge to ensure service is consistent and at the highest level that can be achieved
• Create user accounts and configure hardware for all new hires/replacements
• Provide audio and video equipment support to the offices and its conference rooms
• Ensure adherence to Global Technology policies at all times
• Accountable managing and monitoring internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
• Provide technical and administrative assistance to other Technology teams as required
• Work flexibly to ensure coverage of core business hours ….
• Additional duties as necessary
• Driving continuous improvement by sharing and receiving knowledge on our services and solutions to drive the service closer to the end user
• Installation of software packages.
• Updating documentation and knowledge articles.
If you have the outlined skills for the 1st line Support job, please apply now!
Global Technology Solutions are always receiving new opportunities for both permanent and contract IT jobs. To stay up to date with new job opportunities, please register with GTS nowBack to Jobs