2nd Line Engineer 5041
2nd Line Engineer
Engineer Peterborough Jobs – 2nd Line Engineer
position: 2nd Line Engineer
hours:7.5 hours a day, mon-fri working between the hours of 8:00-18:00
location: Hybrid role working 2 days from the office and 3 days remotely
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 depending on technical ability
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Respond to incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
Provide assistance to 1st and 2nd Line Analysts.
Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Delivery Manager /Service Delivery Manager
Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
Provide technical assistance to ongoing projects when required.
Assist in maintaining uptime of Citrix infrastructure and customer solutions
Assist with the ongoing development of the core infrastructure strategy
Ensure all implemented solutions are backed up with documentation, training and expertise within the Service Desk and Support areas.
Actively seek to improve and grow own skill and knowledge base in appropriate areas.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• At least 3 years’ experience as a 2nd Line engineer within a similar environment.
• Respond to Customers either by telephone, electronically or face to face.
• Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop Support Experience.
• Citrix Provisioning Services / Machine Creation Services support experience.
• Hypervisor (XenServer, ESX and/or Hyper-V) Experience.
• Remote Access (NetScaler / RDS Web) Experience.
• Microsoft Terminal Services / Remote Desktop Services Experience.
• Valid Citrix Certified Administrator / Associate Accreditation.
• Citrix NetScaler and its capabilities within an EUC platform.
• Knowledge of other EUC technologies eg. AppSense, AWD etc.
• Valid Vendor Accreditations within the area of Citrix
• Windows 2012/2016 MCSE/MCITP
• Citrix Certified Professional or Citrix Certified Expert (Virtualisation, Networking or Mobility)
• Experienced in ITIL best practices desirable, ideally holding an ITIL Foundation certification (V2 or V3).
• Experience or knowledge of Azure and AWS
• Good communication skills
• Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
• Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work in a team and to support team members
• Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
If looking for at Engineer Peterborough Jobs as a 2nd Line Engineer, please apply now