Accounting Technician – Local Government Experience
We have an exciting opportunity for an accounting technician to join a well established organisation in Basingstoke on an 18 month contract.
**local government experience required**
1. To provide technical support to the Accountancy Team including reconciliation of the overall revenue and capital budgets, production of the budget book and completion of returns and support service recharges.
2. To co-ordinate, update and reconcile the revenue budgets in accordance with the budget virement rules and corporate timetables.
3. To account for overheads and support service costs in accordance with codes of practice and corporate timetables.
4. To assist Heads of Service, budget holders and the Accountants with revenue and capital budget monitoring, estimates process and final accounts.
5. To complete all government returns relating overall revenue and capital expenditure and income.
6. To co-ordinate the closedown process in accordance with corporate timetables.
1. To provide a control mechanism for revenue and capital budgets to include:-
Co-ordinating and updating the budgets for approved changes
Completion of statutory government returns
Consolidating the estimate working papers and budgets in accordance with the corporate timetable
2. To account for overheads and support service recharges.
3. To monitor and update the closedown timetable and produce a consolidated file of working papers for the external auditors.
4. To produce Medium Term Financial Plan in accordance with agreed timetables.
5. To co-ordinate and produce reports on budget strategy proposals from Heads of Service and Portfolio Holders for the Budget Panel.
6. To determine a detailed timetable for the closedown process in accordance with corporate timetables.
7. To provide direct support to the accountants in the revenue and capital budget monitoring, annual estimates and final accounts processes..
8. Covering for other members of the accountancy section and undertaking such work as the Accountancy Manager may determine which is compatible with the responsibility level of the post.
9. To ensure that service delivery complies with current regulations, accepted professional standards, policies and procedures and appropriate legislation
So if you are accounting technician looking for your next exciting role please apply todayBack to Jobs