Capture the current state of internal solutions, and build the business case for system replacement.
Scope of works
Identify and document all integrations with the solution:
– Source and target and integration with direction flow
– Method of integration (API, Direct database, flat file, etc), protocols and ports in use
– Data volumes, frequency, and schedule/trigger for integration
– Query, data objects touched and resulting dataset format.
– Business owner and impact of the integration stopping
– Including any additional items required to ensure a sound understand the integrations to and from the system
Document current state of the Intranet:
– The structure of the intranet and functionality of each page (e.g. every left menu navigation links, categories, news sections, My Intranet, etc. and what happens when you visit that link such as launching another website, or show CMS content, etc.)
– Any shared pages between each of the pages
– Document any roles and or content restrictions used on the Intranet, and how this relates to any content.
– Identify any dependent solutions or processes that rely on intranet content, such as the desktop utility, the method of integration, and any associated processes, data, or considerations.
– How (if) existing content can be exported in bulk, with associated metadata such as postdate, access restrictions, ratings, etc.
– Including any additional items or information required to ensure a sound understanding of the current state of the Intranet.
Intranet Target State definition:
– Collect full detailed functional requirements from Marketing leads on replacement intranet solution (refining and expanding Section 2 – replacement requirements)
– Collect non-functional requirements from SecOps and Architecture stakeholders
– Perform high level desktop scan and produce a shortlist of potential solutions with high-level costs.
– Collect all relevant information in a business case for submission to Senior Stakeholders and the PMO.
Data Integration Target State definition:
– Discuss with Data Engineers to define the target state for each integration point
– Document the effort and cost estimates for each integration, prioritized based on business impact
– Prepare the Project Proposal for migration of all integrations
– Document all relevant information in a business case for submission to Senior Stakeholders and the PMO.
So If you are a Business Analyst looking for your next exciting opportunity, please apply today.