Cyber Security Analyst – inside Ir35
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Security Analyst to join a well established organisation in London on an initial 3 month contract.
*This role is inside ir35 – umbrella contractors only**
• Configuring and utilising cyber security monitoring and automated intervention platforms to prevent IT Services being compromised;
• Evaluating IT Services for vulnerabilities and supporting technical specialists across IT Services to manage and resolve them;
• Making key contributions to the development of security architecture, services and systems
• Acting as a subject matter expert for the development of strategies to ensure both the physical and electronic security of automated systems;
• Leading the identification and evaluation of opportunities for the development of infrastructure security and promote a culture of continuous improvement within the existing team.
• Works collaboratively with other technical specialists across IT Services to ensure security, consistency, continuity and integrity of all IT services and systems
• Researches, obtains and acts on vulnerability information and conducts security risk assessments for business applications and computer installations; provides authoritative advice and guidance on security strategies to manage the identified risk.
• Investigates all breaches of security, and provides feedback on appropriate control improvements and undertake investigations in line with procedures and as directed by the Head of Cyber Security
• Leads the review and revision of procedures relating to security control of all IT environments, systems, products or services in order to demonstrate continual improvement in control including creation of auditable records, user documentation and security awareness literature.
• Monitors the application and compliance of security operations procedures and reviews information systems for actual or potential breaches in security.
• Acts as the first point of action or escalation for the identification of incidents in security and their investigation
• Ensures that any system changes required to maintain security are implemented. Ensures that security records and risk registers are accurate and complete.
• Generates reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
• Provides input to information security policy, standards and guidelines appropriate to business, technology and legal requirements and in accordance with best professional and industry practice.
• Support the Cyber Security Team in the planning and development of an appropriate Cyber Security operational plan and other projects. Make a major contribution to the development of security architecture, services and systems
• Operates as a focus for IT security expertise for the organisation, providing authoritative advice and guidance on the application and operation of all types of security control, including legislative or regulatory requirements such as data protection and software copyright law.
• Manages the operation of appropriate security controls as a production service to customers.
• Develops implementation approach, taking account of current best practice, legislation and regulation. Ensures implementation of information security strategy in automated systems and ensures operations of security systems. Analyses results of investigations into complex, or highly sensitive security violations, to determine whether standards are fit for purpose, are current and are correctly implemented.
• Reports any significant breaches in security to senior management. monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity and test and evaluate security products
• Devises new or revised procedures relating to security control of all IT environments, systems, products or services in order to demonstrate continual improvement in control including creation of auditable records, user documentation and security awareness literature.
• Assist with the creation, maintenance and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues
• Reviews new business proposals and planned technical changes and provides specialist guidance on security issues and implications.
• Maintains knowledge of the technical specialism at the highest level.
• Keeps in close touch with and contributes to current developments in the technical specialism within employing organisation, own industry and in appropriate professional and trade bodies.
• Is fluent at articulating best practice and is a recognised authority in the technical specialism.
• Be familiar with relevant IT-related procedures and policies (acceptable use, data protection, freedom of information, information security, purchasing etc) and advise colleagues and end-users accordingly.
– Ensures that procedures are in place for investigation of system access enquiries referred by support staff and for handling all enquiries relating to information security, contingency planning as they affect the activities of the organisation, function or department
– Authorises implementation of procedures to satisfy new access requirements, or provide effective interfaces between customers and service providers
So if you are a cyber security analyst, looking for your next exciting opportunity please apply todayBack to Jobs