Data Centre/Infrastructure/ Server Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Centre / Server Engineer to join our client on their site in Southampton.
The Successful candidate will be responsible for racking servers, troubleshooting issues with server OS, cabling of servers with switches, and have experience with enterprise storage.
• Work onsite as a remote hands technical engineer
• Work with a distance based team of Infrastructure and Network Architects on large implementation projects within Enterprise IT Operations
• Hands of technical implementation and configuration of medium to large enterprise infrastructure and networking equipment
• Collaboration with the wider Information Technology teams, including Satellite Communications, Cyber Security and Data
• Provide support and expertise to assist with issues escalated by Operational support teams
5 Years’ experience working in Enterprise IT environments including the following:
• Enterprise IT Infrastructure – building/racking, configuration and support
• Knowledge and configuration of Routers & Switches in a LAN / WAN environment
• Configuration & troubleshooting of firewalls (Cisco, Checkpoint etc)
• Configuration of enterprise server and storage in a Data Centre
• Configuration and setup of WAP’s in a corporate environment
• Helpdesk experience
• Laptop support and building (Win 10 Pro)
This will be an initial 3-6 month contract with extensions likely.
So if you are a Data Centre Engineer looking for your next exciting contract please apply today.!Back to Jobs