Deployment/Desktop Support Engineer
£120 - 125 per day
We have an exciting opportunity for a Deployment/Desktop Support Engineer to join a well-established organisation in Port Talbot on an initial 6 month contract.
o Full UK license required – site isn’t accessible without having a vehicle
o Day passport to safety course mandatory (training cost will be covered)
o DBS check will be required. Subject to customer ask an enhanced check may also be undertaken
*Role is site based and inside IR35 – Umbrella contractors only**
• Receive and manage Desktop stock for deployment in the stock prep-area.
• Prepare Desktops deployment kit for next day deployment as per the deployment schedule shared by the win10 Project Team
• Coordinate with the End User in line with confirmed schedule for desktop deployment & any pre requisites required to access area.
• Obtain needed permissions to perform Desktop Deployment
• Remove existing desktop setup and place equipment in designated return Hardware space.
• Setup desktop at the respective Desk and confirm with end User once deployed
• In the event any gaps are identified engage the SME to support in trouble shooting
• All Packaging to be disposed of in accordance with site specific process in the designated area only.
• Update the required information for deployed Asset in the Asset Management Database.
• Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilisation
• Report / coordinate with the Win10 Project Team on Progress and on any discrepancies/ challenges.
• Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and co workers
• Follow quality & Safety standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations for the respective site.
So if you are a Deployment/Desktop Support Engineer looking for your next exciting contract please apply todayBack to Jobs