Deskside Support Engineer
We have a great opportunity for a Deskside Support engineer to join a large IT organisation based in Daventry, Northamptonshire.
the role is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday on standard office hours.
the job description is:
• Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix.
• Case management of Incidents and IMAC’s in line with SLA’s
• Acknowledge and respond to emails from Team Leads and Manager
• Liaising with other teams or vendors to resolution
• Risk awareness of technology and business impact.
• Assisting with projects as they arise
• Proactively keeps customer updated with problem status at all times.
• Identifying and reporting risk as appropriate in accordance with the guidelines
• Comfortable using AV equipment in high pressure situations
• Check email, deal with any critical emails and follow up on any ongoing issues.
• Check Service desk tickets, follow up on any tickets with external providers.
• Deal with any unresolved problems from the previous day.
• Liaise with any 3rd party contractors that are due on site for maintenance, installs, support calls, cable runs etc.
• Daily misc. tasks – password resets, drive permissions, user issues, phone issues, new staff IT inductions.
• Check WIFI connectivity
• Check Tablets, software, disk space
• Walk around production area to speak with staff to make sure there are no unreported issues.
• Check weekly classes form and prepare classrooms with correct IT/AV equipment•
• PC/Desktop Support knowledge including Windows OS & Windows Office Suites and core application suites.
• Administering Windows Share\File permissions.
• Mobile connectivity
• Good knowledge of Workstation, Desktops & Laptops
• Honest, dependable, Reliable & Punctual.
• Accepts and handles responsibility.
• Cooperates with supervisors.
• Willing to learn new skills.
• Speaks and listens effectively.
• Works with minimum supervision.
• Solves personal and professional problems.
• Excellent Communication and People skills.
• Friendly phone manner.
• Must be well organised.
• Must be able to deal productively with a high workload.
• Multi-tasking skills.
• A flexible approach and work alongside the various operational teams.
• Pro-Active approach to work
• Microsoft Certification (MCSE/MCSA/MCP’s).
if you feel you are suitable for this role, apply now!Back to Jobs