Desktop support engineer
up to £25500+ben
newcastle upon tyne
Desktop Support engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Desktop Support engineer to join well established blue chip organisation based at their clients prestigious offices in Newcastle upon Tyne.
As a Desktop Support engineer you will be responsible for:
• Supporting all in-scope elements of the service, including PC installs & support to
basic (L0/1) level for selected applications, support of aligned sub-services, ‘best
effort’ support for scientific instruments, software and connectivity.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, including WIN10, 7 & XP, security
patching & PC software installation methodologies. Support scope covers Networked
and non-networked devices.
• Strong diagnostic skills in logical and physical components of PCs and connected
• Basic knowledge of Networks & Active Directory (AD) would be expected.
• Managing Requests & Incidents to agreed SLAs as a minimum. Our Client’s tool of
record is currently Service Now (SNow), training will be provided in the tool.
• Providing Hands & Eyes support for Servers & Hosting services to visiting engineers.
• Asset Management:
o Accurate & timely creation & maintenance of PC records in the CMDB, including
physical tagging, to the Client’s requirements.
o Secure storage & management of PCs including component & peripheral spares.
o Managing decommissioning and uplift of end of life equipment.
As a Desktop Support engineer you will be:
• Able to work in a friendly supportive global team environment, you must
demonstrate good general and personal organization skills. You also will
demonstrate a strong sense of team play, managing multiple work-streams
independently, and generally supporting the requirements & demands of the service.
• You will interact with the Client at all levels, so, Soft Skills are as Key
as Technical skills.
o This is a site-based role with the expectation that the Desktop support engineer is
Mon-Fri during core hours. There may on rare occasions be a need to work outside of
o Travel to another site or overnight stays would be very rare, but, if the need
arises, the Desktop Support engineer would be expected to support this. Any travel
expenses would be paid for by the company, as per the company’s travel policy.
o As a Desktop Support engineer you will be responsible for performing this role must
have experience in a customer facing environment, they must be at ease dealing with
customers at all levels in the organization, presenting a positive, professional
pragmatic “can-do/will-do” approach to the work.
o Good concise & confident communication skills are necessary in all its guises, so,
verbal, written and direct contact.
o Many of the PC installs will be subject to FDA regulation, so, the ability to follow
process instructions and complete step by step validation documentation accurately
will be a key skill. Training will be provided for these processes.
So if you are a Desktop support engineer looking for your next exciting career move apply now!
Role is Monday to Friday standard office hours.Back to Jobs