Desktop Support engineer
up to £26200
Desktop Support engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Desktop support engineer to join well established blue chip organisation based at their prestigious offices in Brighton.
As a Desktop support engineer you will:
Be highly customer-focused and enthusiastic with a genuine interest in solving peoples IT issues.
The successful candidate should be technically competent, possess good communication skills and be willing to collaborate with the wider IT support teams.
Based in Brighton you will be supporting a customer who sets high standards for themselves and expects the same standards of their support provider.
Day to day activities include resolving a wide variety of desktop software and hardware issues and requests, while minimizing disruption to our users.
As a Desktop Support engineer you will have the following
• Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for all hardware and software IT-related issues and
• To provide high-quality, highly visible desk side and floor-walking support
functions to the customer and log such activities through the call systems as work
• To install pre-defined computer ‘images’ onto desktop and laptop computers in the
case of a serious system failure.
• To install or re-install any applications onto PCs in line with installation
• To perform diagnostic services using all available resources, including the use of
other customer-based and external support parties.
• To perform hardware break fix on PC’s, Laptops and Printers or manage hardware
repair through the customer defined warranty routes.
• Identify service improvements and take them through to implementation.
• Travel to other customer accounts located within a reasonable distance of the base
location as and when required.
• To work collaboratively with other teams and apply good ticket management to ensure
• A broad technical knowledge of IT, PC’s/peripherals and their architecture
• Proven software and hardware troubleshooting skills
• In-depth knowledge of standard SW issues including Windows OS, Office Suites and
core application suites
• Excellent customer facing skills
• Excellent organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service
• Able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure to meet SLA’s and remain calm in stressful situations
• Ability to follow processes and procedures
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
So if you are a desktop support engineer looking for your next exciting career move apply now!Back to Jobs