Desktop support engineer
up to £24800
Desktop support engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Desktop Support engineer to join well established blue chip organisation based at their prestigious customer site in Surrey.
As a Desktop support engineer you will:
Be customer-focused and enthusiastic , with a genuine interest in solving IT issues, to support our client’s customer.
The successful candidate should be technically competent, possess good communication skills, be ready to learn, & thrive in a fast-paced regulated environment.
The successful candidate will support desktops and connected devices in office areas & server hardware in a Hands & Eyes manner.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Working on behalf of our client’s customer as part of the Digital Site Services Team
• Providing L2 Deskside support to end users in office environments
• Work to resolve issues accurately and efficiently, within set targets and in a
• Maintain a dedicated commitment to service quality & customer experience
• Take ownership of tickets escalated from the service desk & other teams, handling
• Work comfortably on your own, identifying and prioritising incidents, requests, &
• Work well as part of a small, close-nit team.
• At times, work in a L1 role in a physical or virtual “kiosk” setting, providing
first-hand service to users
• Occasionally work from home in place of working on-site, providing remote support
• Work with the team as part of an on-call rota & provide critical out of hours
support when necessary
• Ensure that all activity is accurately documented and recorded in line with ITIL
• Contribute to the creation and up-keep of Knowledge Base Articles
• Be comfortable working in a highly regulated environment, adhering to local and
• Adhere to all IT Asset Management procedures & policies
• Build and deploy PCs, patch network points, troubleshoot printer problems, support
standard software packages, and other general “IT” tasks
• Be ready and willing to learn new skills and procedures, growing and provide greater
support for colleagues and clients
• Ready to learn and face new challenges
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
• Ability to work well with global teams.
• Experience of working in Desktop support role (3yrs+)
• Tested software and hardware troubleshooting skills
• Experience of supporting Windows 10
• Experience of supporting Microsoft Office suites including Office 365
• Experiencing working in a highly regulated / ITIL environment, with appropriate
service / ticketing systems
• Proficiency with Network Infrastructure e.g. switches, routers, APs, patching,
network architecture knowledge
• Server Hardware support experiencing (racking & providing Hands & Eyes support)
• Printer hardware knowledge
• Full Driving License
• Willingness to work as part of an on-call shift, & support essential out of hours
• ITIL certification
• Experience supporting legacy Windows operating systems
• HP Service Center / Service Manager experience
So if you are a Desktop support engineer looking for your next exciting career move please apply now !Back to Jobs