IT Job: Polish Speaking Desktop support engineer – Poland
Polish speaking Desktop support engineer. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Desktop support engineer to join well established blue chip organisation based at their prestigious offices in Mielec in Poland.
Role is initially six months with extensions.
As a Desktop Technician you will provide day to day local\remote desktop support, receive inbound calls, answer questions, troubleshoot and document steps performed to resolve challenges with hardware, software and application issues in a ticketing system. You will also need to facilitate customer resolution for calls and engage their supervisors and managers to ensure operational consistency across all shifts within the IT Support Center. Desktop Support Engineer provides Break Fix, fault diagnosis and resolution. Providing fault analysis to customer’s various core operating systems and platforms, as well be able to provide support and apply desktop fault resolution for the approved application suite.
Ideal candidate should have 2-3 years’ experience in Windows Desktop support.
Position Responsibilities and Functions
- Provide first/second level contact and problem resolution for customer issues.
- Work with Third Party Vendors to remediate complex AV issues as needed.
- Provide timely communication on issue status and resolution.
- Maintain ticket updates for all reported incidents.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2010, Cisco Jabber, another authorized desktop application.
- Should have basic knowledge of Mac operating system, to support Apple pc users.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware.
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers.
- Performs remedial repairs on Desktops, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software.
- Broad experience of IT with basic understanding of Networks, Servers, Audio/Visual, Smart Devices and Telecoms.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork. Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidate Required Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or better.
- Minimum of 18 months years of IT experience. d) Windows 7-10, Microsoft Active Directory, utilization of GPOs, MS Office 365, PC hardware installation and troubleshooting, Enterprise anti-virus solutions, Helpdesk ticketing systems.
- Mobile device management including IOS and Android devices, Enterprise encryption solutions, Windows PC/laptop management via Active Directory.
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, effectively determine priorities and meet SLA’s.
- Excellent communication relationship-building and internal customer service skills.
- Adaptable and flexible in a fast-changing industry and work environment.
- Willing to work off-hours and weekends when required for projects or emergency support. In addition, the Band 2 Technician will mentor and assist Band 1 technicians in their work and provide support to Band 3 Engineers in resolving tickets.
So if you are a Polish speaking Desktop Support engineer looking for your next exciting project please apply now!
Global Technology Solutions are always receiving new opportunities for both permanent and contract IT jobs. To stay up to date with new job opportunities, please register with GTS now
Back to Jobs