Desktop Support Engineer – 5016
£100-110 per day
Desktop Support Engineer
We have an exciting Desktop Support Engineer Job at a well-established organisation on an initial 12 month contract.
Manned Coverage Hours : 8 AM to 5 PM Local Time on Business days with holidays as per respective country
Role is inside IR35 – Umbrella contractors only
Site based position
Engineer Job Purpose
The Deskside Support technician is a representative at customer locations and will work closely with the client team to provide the required services.
The Deskside Support Technician is a physical presence service to provide second line support at client customer locations. The Deskside Support Technician is responsible for performing tasks to agreed service levels as well as meeting customer satisfaction measures.
Engineer Job Main Duties and Responsibilities
• support for supported devices and end user applications
• To assist users with any logged IT related incident and requests when escalated by Helpdesk or when called upon
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures, Exhaustive Technical and Operations Runbook, Incident Management and Escalation Procedures
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows, Mac Operating system and any other authorized desktop software/ applications
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Eligible Recipient Workspace Hardware such as Desktop, Laptops, Printers, Mobile Devices, Video and Conferencing Equipment and any other authorized peripheral equipment and devices
• Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on devices and software
• Receive Service Requests/incidents indicating that supported end user or Supported Device Repair/maintenance is required, perform Diagnosis and Schedule supported End user and Supported Device Repair activity
• Coordinate with Third party or OEM vendors to resolve warranty claims for supported end users and Supported device incidents
• Use Manufacturer warranty, reseller replacement/repair policies to limit total repair costs with respect to pass- through expenses
• Use Manufacturer warranty, manufacturer technical support, to limit repair cost and facilitate incident resolution with respect to Pass-Through Expenses
• Order, provide, Install, and test replacement parts for Supported End Users and Supported Devices
• Conduct performance Testing and enable users to perform functional testing on replacement Supported End Users and Supported Devices as required
• Adjust configuration options as per documented procedures
• Comply with all supported End user and Supported Device Warranty requirements/ restrictions
• Client standard software installations/troubleshooting, driver updates, PC tuning activities, reimaging, security, encryption (BitLocker), antivirus.
• Application installation, support, user assistance (Client standards such as Google suite, okta, vpn, dialpad, Adobe, Microsoft, iprocurement)
• Assist End user with Data restoration from backup media as requested for supported end users.
• Resolution of Standard Problems using SOPs & Knowledge Base, Remote Troubleshooting of Desktops
• To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible within SLAs; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary
• To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service Management Tool (Service Now)
• Provide Support for Planned Special Events as mutually agreed within the reasonable capacity
• Provide Support for Remote Office Locations for Supported End Users per documented procedures and Standards and for the agreed locations
• To maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner
• 24.Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
• 25.To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities
• 26.To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all Eligible Recipients with the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient
• 27.Be willing to attend training as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology and internal system processes
• 28.To attend training courses as identified and agreed for appropriate development
• 29.To contribute towards reporting as per Client/ customer requirement
• 30.Any other tasks as assigned and within the skillset of the person
• 31.When SUB must replace Equipment and/or Software in order to conduct a repair, SUB will support the Authorized User by copying data, performing backups and restoring data and backups to the replacement EUC Device on a best effort basis and to the extent such data exist on the backup system
32.Assist Authorized Users with support to enable the correct use of EUC Equipment and Software, as well as access to and use of related technologies and Services
1.Good general understanding of IT principles such as ITIL, Desktop/Laptop Support, Windows Admin, Networks, Hardware and Domains
2.Ability to work in a fast-paced, Customer-facing environment, demonstrating excellent communication and troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, and resourcefulness.
3.Must possess very good English Communication skills (Written and Verbal) along with proficiency in local language
4.Team Player, so must be a mentor to the team and ability to lead the various technology specialists.
5.Logical reasoning skills and agile
So if you are looking for an Desktop Support Engineer job and want an exciting opportunity, please apply today.Back to Jobs