Desktop Support Engineer
Apply for this Hartlepool role today
IT Job : Desktop Support Engineer – Hartlepool
We have an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Engineer to join a well-established organisation in Hartlepool and Darlington on a one day contract.
role is inside ir35 – umbrella contractors only
Engineers can be dispatched to respond to desktop support tickets / incidents or may provide support at an unmanned airport / non-dedicated customer site.
L1 Field Services Engineer
- Provides desktop support including troubleshooting basic hardware and standard software operating system issues and problems, fixing issues without impacting / violating the hardware warranty or customer security compliance requirements.
- Installs and troubleshoots desktops, printers, laptop and other computer peripherals, hardware problems as well as desktop applications.
- Performs computer “Break / Fix” support and installation, add, move or change requirements for peripherals and device drivers.
- Performs desk-side support including basic administration of Operating Systems and common off the shelf software systems
- Completes all assigned calls with professionalism and technical expertise, providing quality customer service and support for designated equipment
- Monitors assigned service calls to ensure quality and service level goals are achieved in a timely manner
- Completes all administrative duties correctly and promptly, including updating of tickets in call management system.
- Escalates problems to the appropriate next level of support when necessary
Skills & Knowledge: Proficiency in installing, upgrading, building, repairing, configuring, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and preventative maintenance.
Up to 2 years’ direct PC and laptop service experience.
Proficiency in desktop support including knowledge of current operating systems. Basic knowledge of enterprise LAN and WAN setups and concepts, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and RDP.
May be able to carry out complex or more difficult service tasks with script and assistance.
Able to lift / move computer equipment. Good written and oral communications skills with customers and management.
Strong customer service ethos.
So if you are a field service engineer looking for your next exciting contract job please apply today.
Global Technology Solutions are always receiving new opportunities for both permanent and contract IT jobs. To stay up to date with new job opportunities, register with GTS.
IR35 information about IT Contract jobs and contracting
Back to Jobs