Desktop Support Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Technician to join our client team in Sydney, Australia.
Working as an IT Technical Support you will provide and maintain continuity of service for all desktop devices (hardware, software and connectivity) for the customer and resolve any technical issues that may occur
We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and increasing their existing knowledge, whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
· Troubleshoot and undertake fault diagnosis on all assigned network, hardware and infrastructure customer incidents / issues and successfully resolve the issue within SLA
· Where a ticket cannot be resolved, ensure it is escalated to the correct resolution group, with clear, concise and detailed information recorded on the ticket, to enable resolution within SLA
· Pro-actively provide updates to the Service Desk on all live customer incidents and service request so that progress is updated, and SLAs are met
· Communicate directly with customers and end users to resolve issues and provide updates on progress, ensuring that a positive customer experience is always delivered
· Undertake mandatory enhanced checks on doors ensuring that all tasks are completed in line with the customer contract where applicable
· Initiate the return of faulty customer equipment and manage the assets and spares pool including warranty returns or repairs
· Supply and replace IT consumables, such as paper and ink toner, as required in line with individual customer contracts.
· Carry out regular “floor-walking” and pro-active line of sight checks / routine preventative maintenance to identify, log and resolve any issues before they are raised as incidents by customers.
· Good knowledge and experience in EUC support at a customer base for at least 3 years.
· Good knowledge of Desktop, Laptop, Thin Client.
· Good knowledge in Windows Domain environment and group policy
· Good knowledge of Printer (Network, Dot Matrix, Ticket, Label) and print server
· Good knowledge of Networking architecture and devices support
· Good knowledge and experience in Video conferencing system
· Good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Software / Application. Windows 10, Server OS, Office365.
· Good knowledge in OS and application deployment using SCCM.
· Good knowledge and experience in remote troubleshooting support.
· Good knowledge and experience in online ticketing system such as ServiceNow
· Work experience in Airport environment will be an advantage
· Experience in supporting self-check in kiosks will be an advantage
· Inventory Management
· Full Valid Driving Licence
· IT qualifications is an advantage (Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA)
· Can work independently and can word under pressure
This role is working Monday to Friday and work schedule will be 06:00 to 14:30 (with 1 hr break) or 09:30 to 18:00 (with 1 hr break)
So if you are a Desktop Support technician looking for a new exciting role please apply today.Back to Jobs