Desktop support/ Field Service engineer
Desktop Support/ Field Service engineer
An exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support/ Field Service engineer to join well established blue chip organisation based in Ipswich.
Applicants must hold a full driving licence and be willing to travel around Ipswich and surrounding areas.
Our client is currently looking for highly customer-focused and enthusiastic Deskside Support Engineer with a genuine interest in solving peoples IT issues.
The successful candidate should be technically competent, possess good communication skills and be willing to collaborate with the wider IT support teams.
Day to day activities include resolving a wide variety of desktop software and hardware issues and requests, while minimizing disruption to our users. You are also the on-site hands & eyes support for the server, storage, telecommunications and network teams.
As a Desktop Support/ Field Service engineer you will have the Key Responsibilities:
• Troubleshooting hardware and software issues on desktops, laptops, tablets and
• Deploying and troubleshooting Microsoft Operating Systems, Office suite and other
• Being the first point of contact for users issues and queries
• Resolving malware and virus infections on users workstations
• Deployment and troubleshooting of DECT phones, mobile phones and tablets
• Adhering to strict policies and processes around security and data protection
• Inventory management and maintaining accuracy of the CMDB
• Hardware Infrastructure configuration and troubleshooting and hands & eyes support
(printers, servers, telecommunications and networking)
• Moving or installing IT equipment
• Tape backup management, and environmental checks
• Maintaining comprehensive and meaningful updates in the customers ticket handling
• Educating and training users on a one to one basis on how to get the most out of
their IT equipment
• Experience of working in a customer-facing IT support environment
• Demonstrate experience of software break/fix for PC’s and Laptops, troubleshooting
Microsoft Operating Systems, Office suite and other mainstream software
• Troubleshooting network connectivity problems on PC’s and printers
• Experience of training and coaching users how to use their IT hardware and software
This is an excellent opportunity to join this fantastic company where you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
They also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
So if you are a Desktop Support/ Field Service engineer looking for your next exciting career move please apply now!Back to Jobs