Desktop Support/ Second Line Support engineer
up to £21k plus ben
Desktop Support/ Second Line support engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Desktop Support/ Second Line support engineer to join well established blue chip organisation based at their prestigious customer offices in Preston.
As a Desktop Support / Second Line Support engineer you will join an IT service delivery command centre team delivering managed service solutions.
This role provides incident management and rapid response activities to major incidents for multitude of secure clients within the Hub
• Manage and resolve service impacting incidents
• Work closely with the event management team in proactively resolving events before
they become service impacting
• Pursue continuous improvement through identification of first-time fix, documenting
and mentoring the Service Desk with new procedures.
• Develop own skills to reduce Mean- time -to- resolve; avoid passing cases to other
• Creation and ownership of application failover procedures
• Provide technical leadership during the resolution of Major Incidents
• Assist the Service Desk during busy periods
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of Windows 10 operating system and associated technologies
• Hardware and Software fault diagnosis skills and troubleshooting
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to achieve SC security clearance
So if you are a Desktop support engineer looking for your next exciting career move please apply now!Back to Jobs