up to £26500
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Desktop Support engineer to join well established based at their prestigious customer site in Greenford West London.
As a Desktop Support engineer you will be part of a Service Delivery Team providing IT support services to our clients blue chip customer.
This role would suit someone who wants to get into IT and develop their desktop support skills and further their IT knowledge.
You will be working as part of a team of 2 Deskside Engineers, based at the customer site
As a Desktop Support engineer you will be responsible for onsite technical services based at the customer’s head office in West London providing deskside support services including hardware & software break fix and IMAC services; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks and peripherals using available technology.
Analysing system’s needs, troubleshooting problems. Providing user support, new hire system set ups and desktop/laptop software evaluations.
Deployment of updates/roll-outs. 80% software support with some knowledge of desktop hardware, OS, servers, and data bases.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix.
• Case management of Incidents and IMAC’s in line with SLA’s
• Acknowledge and respond to emails from Team Leads and Manager
• Liaising with other teams or vendors to resolution
• Risk awareness of technology and business impact
• Manage / Provide support and technical expertise to projects as directed
• Proactively keeps customer updated with problem status at all times
• Identifying and reporting risk as appropriate in accordance with the guidelines
• Manage incident tickets using Solution Manager and Service NOW
• Support Remote / Home users
• Manage and support VC equipment
• Provide 1st /2nd line hardware and software support for laptops
• Provide iPhone support
• Provide printer support
• Management of RSA tokens
• Updating Hardware Asset records
• Configure iPhone using MDM management software
• Provide induction to new starters
• IMAC management – working collaboratively with Facilities to meet schedules
• Deploying and configuring laptops and migrating user data
• Document all triage and knowledge base information, including new and changed
services, procedural changes, etc. as appropriate.
• PC/Desktop Support knowledge including Windows OS & Windows Office Suites and core
• Administering Windows Share\File permissions.
• Mobile connectivity (E.g. secureID/MAS/MDM
• Good knowledge of Workstation, Desktops & HP Laptops
• Honest, dependable, Reliable & Punctual.
• Accepts and handles responsibility.
• Cooperates with supervisors.
• Willing to learn new skills.
• Must be a team player
• Speaks and listens effectively.
• Works with minimum supervision.
• Solves personal and professional problems.
• Excellent Communication and People skills.
• Friendly phone manner.
• Must be well organised.
• Must be able to deal productively with a high workload.
• Multi-tasking skills.
• A flexible approach and work alongside the various operational teams.
• Pro-Active approach to work