Field Printer hardware /computer engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Field Desktop Support/Printer Repair Engineer to join a blue chip organisation in Luton on an initial 6 month contract.
• To support the Field Service Engineering Manager, with any tasks in line with achieving individual, team or company objectives and goals.
• To deal with technical escalations from other team members.
• To provide guidance and direction to Field Service Engineers within the team, including coaching to improve job performance and to assist the Manager to conduct appraisals.
• Deal with escalations from team members in line with Company system + service procedures.
• To provide maintenance support services to customers in the UK
• Carry out site surveys, desk side support, site audits, installations, disconnections and preventative maintenance schedules as appropriate
• To receive calls through Call Management System providing real time updates and call closures
• To endeavour at all times to provide a superior level of customer service that achieves or exceeds customer satisfaction criteria
• To ensure all escalation procedures, special instruction manual procedures, call centre standard procedures and customer related information is properly adhered to.
• Properly manage and record all spares and return defective spares properly documented and packaged.
• Receive and manage incidents, Installations and changes through the incident management system and provide real time accurate feedback on progress.
• Provide problem isolation and resolution, using software diagnostic and analytical troubleshooting
• Provide an excellent level of customer service that exceeds customer expectations
• Understand and adhere to all documented company processes and expectations including customer specific instructions.
• Manage and apply the specified level of urgency to escalations and requests for information.
• Assess the severity of a situation and business impact, raising management escalations when required.
• Provide advice and guidance to more junior members of the team
• Attend business meetings out of hours as required
• Complete all tasks/ activities specified by management to be in line with business requirements.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Valid UK Driving License
• Proven experience as a hardware engineer in Desktop, Laptop maintenance/repair
• Proven experience in software support of all current Microsoft Operating systems and fault resolution
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 3/95/98/ME Operating System
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
• Proven experience with multi-function printer break fix – Ability to diagnose, fault find and repair
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work under pressure unsupervised
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• Organised, able to manage time and prioritise tasks
• Excellent administration skills
• Flexible on working hours & overtime
• Printer role – This is a fast paced, hardware break-fix role. Applicant’s skill level for this position will be fully assessed via an in-depth technical interview with our senior printer engineer before being offered the role
• Area coverage from base location – Candidates should be aware that they are in a strategical position to cover an area up to 150 miles in any direction. This is not something we like to maintain but it will be a requirement when needed.
• Out of hours rota – When required, all field engineers are required to participate in an out of hours rota. At the moment this is not the case but it will be in their contract as a requirement.
• Fitness – Applicant should be fit and able to occasionally drive a ‘Luton’ size van. Some work with MFPs will require listing weights in excess of 25/30 Kg.
**Role includes a fully maintained van, a fuel card and an expense account for out of pocket expenses.**
So if you are a field Desktop Support/Printer Repair Engineer looking for your next exciting contract please apply today!Back to Jobs