Desktop Support Engineer 3804a
35,000 - 37,000 euros p/a
Desktop Support Engineer 3804
We have an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Engineer to join a blue chip organisation in Limerick on a permanent basis.
Monday to Friday: 09:00 – 17:00
To provide remedial service to a wide range of industry products.
Perform direct maintenance as required and resolved complex problems.
The work may range from installation of new systems including networking to diagnosis of a wide range of customer problems, both software and hardware.
All tasks should be completed in line with company technical and quality standards and procedures and to provide a high degree of customer satisfaction.
• Works with clients to determine problem and develops and implements appropriate technical solution.
• Answers to or escalate calls within given timescales.
• Undertakes installation and maintenance of client systems e.g. PCs, networks.
• Carries out complex repairs/upgrades to existing systems.
• Monitors recurring faults or errors, analyses trends and develops relevant response.
• Develops and maintains client relationships, identifying opportunities to extend existing service agreements.
• Assists in development of test and repair processes.
• Liaises with help desks, support centers etc.
• Diagnoses and carries out complex repairs/ upgrades to all mid-range defined hardware, including UNIX, printer and networks.
• Installs and tests network operating systems.
• Performs trouble shooting and problem resolution.
• Undertakes prompt ordering and return of parts.
• Processes paperwork and systems relevant to client queries/ upgrades.
• Participation in out-of-hours standby and call-out rotation, currently 1 in 2 weeks but subject to change based on client need.
So if you are a Desktop Support engineer looking for your next exciting opportunity please apply today!
Global Technology Solutions are always receiving new opportunities for both permanent and contract IT jobs. To stay up to date with new job opportunities, please register with GTS nowBack to Jobs