An exciting opportunity has arisen for a First Line Service Desk/ Technical Support Analyst to join well established blue chip organisation based at their prestigious offices in Reading.
The Service Desk Analyst role is to support the stable operation its clients Infrastructure and Applications. Providing 1st line support to all employees that fall under an Annodata Managed Service Contract. This includes company supported applications, troubleshooting computer and network problems, proactively monitoring alerts and determining the source of issue to ensure SLA’s are adhered to.
• Interrogation of the Service Desk ticketing system throughout the day to provide effective responses and resolutions to queries or issues. Ensuring that raised tickets are responded to within SLA timescales.
• Be responsible for the timely resolution or escalation of tickets in keeping with ITIL best practices
• Responding to calls or e-mails on the service desk, adhering to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions
• Carry out installations and configurations of end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products.
• Support end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products by testing, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting in order to determine source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc.)
• Conduct updates of network asset management register to ensure records are up to date.
• Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights as directed by change requests from the Service Desk and in line with the Network Security Policy.
• Adopt a proactive approach towards all client activities.
• Collaborate with all of the Technical Service departments when required to ensure business objectives are met.
• Microsoft technologies.
• VMware technologies
• Previously worked on an IT service desk. (1 year min)
• Understanding of ITIL Practices
• Desktop (1 year plus)
• Networking understanding
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize work under pressure and strict deadlines.
• Ability to communicate and advise technical/service information to different levels.
• Good general overall technical understanding of all new technologies.
• General Support and Operations
• WAN/LAN/Networking skill sets
• Microsoft/VMWare/Cloud technologies
• Good understanding of PC hardware, Microsoft operating systems and networking.
• Knowledge of “Follow Me” and “Secure” Print technologies an advantage
• server experience. (Desirable)
• Improved support and operations.
• Improved ROI.
• Improved collaboration, utilisation and efficiencies across technical services.
• Improved SLA performance
• Improve client escalation and resolution process
• Improved customer experience and retention.
Hours of cover 8am -6pm
So if you are a First Line support Analyst looking for your next career move apply now!