up to £33500 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Engineer to join well established blue chip organisation based at their prestigious offices in Durham .
As a Infrastructure Engineer you will provide proactive support, management and development of the non-datacentre technical infrastructure of our clients customer.
– User support for teams based at Peterlee and Cobalt sites
As a Infrastructure Engineer you will have the following responsibilities
– Provide Daily On-Site Cover between 0730 – 1800 Monday to Friday
– Provide 24/7 365 cover on an on-call basis outside of on-site hours.
– Support out of hours work (testing, deployments etc) as required subject to
reasonable planning/notice where possible.
– Perform and record evidence of daily system health checks
– Project & implementation planning calls as required and specified by project
– Maintain familiarity with key account processes including but not limited to…
– User management process
– change management process
– risk management process
– Incident management process
-Adherence to and maintenance of security standards for IT systems including but not limited to…
– maintenance and adherence to backup schedules for in scope servers including daily checks of backup completion
– compliance with Antivirus and malware protection standards including periodic reporting on system compliance
– maintenance and adherence to patching process/schedule for in scope systems
– maintain a relationship with Account Security Officer and attend security review meetings as requested
– monitor inbound and outbound email systems to ensure data protection and AV controls are running. Identify individual events and escalate as appropriate via Incident or security incident process.
Maintain suitable hardware support contracts for in scope systems. Working with the account procurement teams ensure that all in scope devices have hardware support in place at all times.
Maintain skills currency – each team member should be familiar with the core technologies used on the account and strive to identify new technologies that may be relevant to future developments.
These technologies include but are not limited to…
– Windows server 2003 to 2019
– Windows 7 & 10
– Group Policy
– Virtualisation (Hyper-V)
– Understand relevant requirements relating to in scope infrastructure
– Maintenance of documentation including regular review cycles
– Maintenance of work logs including daily/routine health checks
– Firewall rule change compliance
-Support account change & development processes by…
– providing infrastructure related subject matter expertise during change analysis
– use account tooling to track progress against changes (Jira & Confluence)
– Technical Solutions Design, Architecture, and Implementation based on account Change Requests
-System monitoring and alerting – Implementation and continuous improvement of system monitoring for hardware health and capacity
-Maintain the Contact Centre Hardware Asset Spreadsheet, and assisting in ensuring third party support contracts are kept current
So if you are a Infrastructure Engineer looking for your next exciting career move please apply now!Back to Jobs