We have an exciting opportunity for an Intelligence Analyst to join a well-established organisation in Dudley on an initial 4 month contract.
• Support the delivery and provide intelligence to inform the improvement of health and wellbeing to the organisation, through: –
• Provision of essential performance data and statistical analysis
• Contribution to continuing development, delivery and improvement of business intelligence and the wider determinates of health
• improving access to and use of performance data, and intelligence
• development of the use of system reporting and data analysis technologies exploitation and development of associated information systems
• Collect, collate, extract and manipulate a wide range of data from various sources for example MS Excel and other software systems (internal & external)
• Undertake a wide range of data analysis using appropriate statistical and analytical techniques often solving complex problems to which there is no existing solution.
• Present data and management information in formats that are accessible and appropriate to the client’s needs
• Maintain and contribute to the continual development of systems and processes for the provision of high quality management information and intelligence
• Contribute to the completion of Statistical Returns (some statutory) for internal and external purposes
• Communicate effectively with colleagues, partners and clients to understand their data/information needs and consult on current use and future development
• Attend and represent the service at meetings and working groups
• Contribute to the data quality agenda by ensuring that data is accurate and of a high quality
• Provide a wide range of administrative support to the team through various methods and tools for example the co-ordination of workload management systems and procedures
• Using databases and software systems to extract, process and manipulate data and information
• Working with clients to support their data requirements, including development of reporting solutions and provision of data analysis.
• Report writing including presentation of statistical information
• Statistical/mathematical methodologies and analysis
• Statistical techniques, epidemiology and research methodologies
• A level or equivalent in Mathematics or related subject (e.g. Pure, Statistical, Mechanics or Further Maths) Grade E or above OR HND or equivalent in a numerate or analytical subject
• GCSE or equivalent in English Grade C or above
• Use of MS Excel (or equivalent spreadsheet software) at an advanced level, including pivot tables, charts and use of complex formulae
• Ability to present data, research and analysis in narrative and diagrammatically using a range of tools.
• Knowledge and practical experience of applying the principles of effective data management with a particular emphasis on information security.
• Understand the use of performance data in delivering service improvement.
• Ability to assess clients’ business requirements and develop effective solutions.
• Awareness of project management principles and their application, and ability to lead on short to medium term projects.
• Understanding a wide range of data sources e.g. population, social care, health, economic,
• Proficiency in Power BI with the ability to import data, create new reports with visualisations
• Statistical analysis using a range of software e/g. SPSS, R, Minitab
• GIS skills and use of mapping software e.g. Mapinfo, ArcGIS, QGIS
• Use of SQL
So if you are an Intelligence analyst looking for your next exciting opportunity please apply today!Back to Jobs