up to £100k+ben
IT Job in Southampton: Technical Consultant – Southampton
Technical Consultant – Microsoft/ Cisco
Hybrid role, couple days in office / client site / home
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Consultant with a successful proven track record in design and delivery of technical projects to customers
2. Minimum of 24 months’ work experience in a consultant’s role in a managed service
3. A demonstrable experience of working with multiple technologies within a Managed
4. 2 years of experience in working with organisations at the C-Level
5. Certification in at least 5 cloud technologies including but not limited to:
a. Mimecast Certified Product Professional
b. Cisco Meraki Solutions Specialist
c. Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
d. Microsoft 365 Certified: Microsoft Teams Administrator Associate
e. Microsoft 365 Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
f. Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
g. Microsoft 365 Certified: Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals
h. Relevant storage / networking / hardware qualification
6. Extensive experience in installing and administrating MS Windows Server and Client
technologies up to Windows 10 (minimum 48 months)
7. Proven experience in customer deployments and supporting large scale project
8. Proven experience completing migrations to Microsoft Office 365 and Azure
9. Experience with Unified Communications, Voice networks and VOIP solutions
10. Proven experience designing and supporting complex networks
11. Proven ability in project planning and product management
12. Excellent computing and technical skills
13. Exceptional coordination and planning skills
14. Be able to acquire new knowledge and skills quickly and apply them to business
15. Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
16. Knowledge and experience of Microsoft based solutions
1. Degree level education or equivalent experience
2. Recognised project management qualification, e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, APMP
3. Demonstrable experience of Service introduction and ‘Go to Market’ processes
4. Experience in an IT, Cloud or service related
1. Scoping, design, BOM, time estimates and proposals to customers on time ensuring all
engagements, internal and external, are delivered to the required standard and
within the delivery timescales.
2. Delivery of consultancy services for Aura customers within specialist technical
areas and assist in the delivery of Aura Technology Roadmaps where appropriate.
3. To complete technical installations of complex projects for our clients customers
including the planning, execution and washup of projects with a focus on time budget
4. Design, develop and maintain products and services which support project delivery,
project management, on-boarding, in-life management and support of a customer.
5. Provide professional and expert technical support through the onboarding process for
our client. The goal is a high level of customer satisfaction for any new business.
6. Responsible for proactively assisting with recommendations and delivery of solutions
to our client customers maximising customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
7. Proactively engage with the sales team including pre-sales activity to assist,
promote and identify the correct solutions for customers where necessary. Including
the identification, writing and submission of suitable bids and tenders for
consultancy, professional and managed services.
Are you looking for a IT Job in Southampton as Technical Consultant? If you feel you are a good fit, please apply now!
Jobs Southampton – Global Technology Solutions are always receiving new jobs in Southampton for both permanent and contract IT jobs. To stay up to date with new job opportunities, please register with GTS nowBack to Jobs