2nd/3rd Line Technical Service Desk Analyst 5097
up to £45k+ben
Technical Service Desk Analyst
2nd/3rd line Technical Service Desk Analyst experience – 2 years or more
Hybrid role 3 days in the office 2 from home.
8am-6pm Monday to Friday , alternating shifts .
The Technical Support Analyst will work on a Hybrid basis of 3 days in the office and 2 days from home however from time to time they maybe asked to visit customer sites, where travel expenses will be reimbursed.
This includes the responsibility of following all procedures related to identification, prioritisation and resolution of incidents and Service Requests.
The Analyst will have knowledge and working experience of Network and Infrastructure troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Provide 2nd line technical support to end users, infrastructure and services. Log and classify incidents and requests raised by the customer by telephone, email and via the customer portal function
• Troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues with Microsoft desktop operating systemsAdminister and support on-prem/Azure Active Directory and network storage
• Provide mobile device management and support
• Provide networking support for switches, firewalls, WiFi
• Carry out planned activities (e.g. server patching) that cannot be done in a client’s normal working hours (participate in out of hours rotas)
• Take ownership of and carry out maintenance activities for client systems
• Proactively take part in the implementation of planned changes on customer environments through the established Change Management processes
• Reviewing and addressing alerts originating customer infrastructure, helping to reduce false positives by correctly classifying any Event tickets that you work on before closure.
• Resolve incidents. Proactively follow up with users as you resolve these to confirm the work is completed to their satisfaction
• Follow the processes for core Service Desk functions such as Incident Management, Service Request Fulfilment and Problem Management
• Stay abreast and adhere to ITIL framework (policies and procedures) – make effective use of systems to support quality and efficiency – demonstrate what good looks like to more junior colleagues in the Service Desk team
Knowledge & Experience
• Minimum 3 years experience working in an IT Service Desk Environment
• Extensive application support experience with SaaS-based applications such as O365,
D365, Five9, LogicMonitor would be an advantage.
• Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including Desktop, Laptops, Servers,
Networking and security vendors.
• Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
• Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Win10 & MacOS.
• Knowledge and practical experience of monitoring/altering Network systems
• Detailed knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
• Full UK Driving License.
I need someone skilled who can mentor our existing team.
Professional Qualifications and Experience (Desirable)
• Microsoft Intune (Conditional Access, Autopilot deployments)
• Citrix XenApp
• Email/Web Filtering (Ideally Mimecast)
• Basic troubleshooting experience of networking devices: Firewalls and Switches – ideally Palo Alto or Juniper operating systems
• Experience of working in a structured, ITIL environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of working to specific SLAs
• ITIL v3/v4 Foundation Certification
• Experienced with information security products
• Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive
Few highlights on benefits of the company and role
• Working in an inclusive environment with hybrid working.
• On Call Rota Bonus
• Working with the latest (cloud) technologies
• A wide range of Company benefits (Pension, Day off on Birthday, etc)
• Competitive Holiday scheme and perks – earn additional days with years of service and a day off on your birthday
If you are interested, have experience but have questions about this role, contact GTS.
Are you looking at IT Jobs Cambridge, however haven’t found the perfect role yet? Why not apply now!Back to Jobs