IT Service Management / ITSM specialist Incident/ Problem
IT Service Management/ ITIL/ ITSM Specialist/ Major Incident Management/ Problem Management / Change Management/ Knowledge Management/ Asset Management
Home working initially due to covid then some remote working and office based working in the offices in Peterborough .
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a IT Service Management/ ITIL / ITSM specialist with good experience of Major Incident Management , Problem Management , Change Management, and ideally Knowledge Management and Asset Management to join well established blue chip organisation .
As a IT Service Management /ITIL /ITSM specialist you will be responsible for the following:
MAJOR INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
• Ownership and management of major incidents in line with the defined procedures,
including (where necessary) coordination of bridge calls between multiple external
and internal technical partners
• Provide support and education for internal teams (Service Desk and NOC) to ensure
effective handling of the incident throughout its lifecycle
• Thorough analysis and trending of major incidents, identify any areas of difficulty
or areas for improvement which result in a quality service to the customer
• Produce monthly analytical and performance reports for internal and external
• Identifying and escalating IT security concerns to ensure they are mitigated by
suppliers or addressed by our internal security team
• Ensure effective interaction with Change and Problem teams to maintain alignment of
• Be the Major Incident subject matter expert
• Be the driving force to mitigate major incident impact via workarounds and solutions
• To carry out reactive Problem Management after the closure of a Major Incident and
as incident trends dictate
• Produce Root Cause Analysis reports as per defined contractual SLA
• To carry out proactive Problem Management via trend analysis of incidents raised
• Make recommendations on operational working practices to prevent potential problems.
• Collaborate with Major Incident, Change and Knowledge teams to resolve issues and
develop better working practices.
• Work closely with other service delivery teams to ensure the quality of service and
adherence to contractual obligations
• Day to day administration of changes and releases, maintaining an accurate record of
all related activity
• Accountable for the review of Change Requests, checking for compliance against
defined processes and running the Change Advisory Board (CAB) for progression or
rejection of the change.
• Prepare and submit periodic SLA performance and activity reporting
• Develop and update processes for the maintenance of knowledge bases and information
• Assess data quality for completeness and integrity of information to conduct daily
• Use tools to analyse datasets and create periodic and ad hoc reports, qualifying
data and explaining context.
• Accountability and policing of technical platforms chosen as knowledge and
• Qualify all new and complex requests and process standard ones in a timely fashion
• Perform day to day process administration
• Weekly and monthly reporting of measurements and targets to improve process
effectiveness and efficiency
• Assists auditing of the process for compliance with documented procedures
• Accountable for the maintenance of a centralised Asset Management database
• Monitor and report changes in the risk profiles of individual assets in the
• Make timely recommendations for mitigating strategies and risk rating changes.
• Prepare analysis, record and report asset transactions
• Manage and monitor team adherence to process.
• Prepare and review timely asset management reports.
• Execute corrective measures when early warning signs exist on performance issues
• Collaborate with other ITIL delivery teams to ensure an effective end to end process
of the asset lifecycle
As an ITIL /ITSM specialist you will:
• Be ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation certified with an advanced and demonstrable
understanding of Service Management methodologies and best practice (essential)
• Previously used an ITSM tool and a document repository (e.g. SharePoint)
• Ability to produce analytical and performance reporting for customer consumption
• An understanding of all of the Service Delivery departmental operations, systems,
processes and structure
• Previous experience in owning or contributing to key business processes
• Experience of running, or being present at, a Change Advisory Board meeting
• Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
• Passionate, professional, with a proactive and a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
• Perform to high standards whilst working under pressure and to deadlines
• Good time management skills in order to fulfil workload and meet customer SLA’s
So if you are an ITIL/ITSM specialist looking for your next exciting career move please apply now!Back to Jobs