Major Incident Management Analyst/ Service Management Analyst
up to £170 per day
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Major Incident Management Analyst / Service Management Specialist to join large blue chip organisation based in Peterborough.
You will have at least one years experience as a Major Incident Management Analyst / Service Management Specialist looking for you next exciting challenge with a passion for solving serious incidents is an effective way.
N.B role will be working from home initially but you will be required to attend the Peterborough offices a few days a week when covid restrictions are lifted.
• Ownership and management of major incidents in line with the defined procedures, including (where necessary) coordination of bridge calls between multiple external and internal technical partners
• Provide support and education for internal teams (Service Desk and NOC) to ensure effective handling of the incident throughout its lifecycle
• Deliver concise and factual communication and status updates to all levels of internal and external stakeholder
• Thorough analysis and trending of major incidents, identify any areas of difficulty or areas for improvement which result in a quality service to the customer
• Produce monthly analytical and performance reports for internal and external stakeholders
• Member of an Out of Hours On-Call rota to react to Major Incident situations and enable an appropriate communications mechanism to impacted business lines
• Identifying and escalating IT security concerns to ensure they are mitigated by suppliers or addressed by our internal security team
• Ensure effective interaction with Change and Problem teams to maintain alignment of functions
• Conduct periodic MIM process reviews to maintain or exceed industry standards and as a means of continually improving the quality of the service
• Be the Major Incident subject matter expert
• Be the driving force to mitigate major incident impact via workarounds and solutions
Knowledge and experience of the Major Incident Analyst:
• Evidence of experience in a similar role or as a member of a team/department responsible for delivering incident management to a customer entity
• Able to demonstrate working within an ITIL framework and achieved at least ITIL Foundation accreditation
• Proven understanding of Service Management Methodologies, toolsets and best practices to support the end to end major incident process
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to document and report on Major Incident activity from performance statistics to operational guides and processes
• Innovative and proactive thinking with constant focus on service quality and improvements. Confidence to propose and implement initiatives which deliver business benefit
• Demonstrable ability to work as a member of a team delivering other ITIL related services
• A keen interest in IT Service Management as a career path
• A solid understanding of related processes – Problem, Change etc
Personable attributes of the Major Incident Analyst:
• Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
• Self-Motivated and proactive with attention to detail and respect for deadlines
• Show confidence and assertiveness in chairing Major Incident conference calls with both internal and external audiences
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to support conversations with customers and senior management in a meeting or on a one-to-one basis
• Ability to handle high pressure situations whilst multi-tasking
If you have the outlined skills and experience please apply now!
n.b this role is initially a contract position but will lead to a permanent position in the future.