Network Engineer 3824
up to £35k
Network engineer – CCNA qual – Onsite in Croydon
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Network engineer to join well established blue chip organisation based in their prestigious offices in Croydon.
The Network Engineer (L2) is responsible for providing support for our clients managed Network services to our clients customers to ensure that their Network Infrastructure and inter-related systems remain operational.
Through the proactive monitoring, identifying, investigating and resolving of technical incidents and problems, the Network Engineer (L2) are able to restore service(s) to clients.
Their primary objective is to proactively review client tickets and apply technical/process knowledge to resolve them without breaching service level agreement (SLA).
The Network Engineer (L2) focuses on second line support for incidents and requests with medium level of complexity.
Key Roles and Responsibilities Associated with Networking Support:
• Proactively monitors the ticket queues.
• Perform operational tasks to resolve all incidents / requests in a timely manner and
within agreed SLA.
• Update tickets with resolution tasks performed
• Identify, Investigate, analyse issues and errors prior to or when they occur and log
all such incidents in a timely manner. Capture all required and relevant information
for immediate resolution
• Provide second level support to all incidents, requests and identify the root cause
of incidents and problems
• Communicate with other teams and clients for extending support
• Execute changes with clear identification of risks and mitigation plans to be
captured into the change record
• Coach L1 engineering teams for technical and behavioural skills
• Triage and escalation to 3rd line as and when required
• Identify problems and errors before they impact a client’s service
• Participate proactively in all initial client escalation for operational issues.
• Contribute to the change management process by logging all change requests with
complete details for standard and non- standard including patching and any other
changes to configuration Items. Ensures all changes are carried out with proper
• Plan and execute approved maintenance activities
• Audit and analyse incident and request tickets for quality and recommends
improvements with updates to knowledge articles
• The role includes an element of out of hours support based on a rota system after
successful completion of probationary period – On call rota.
Skills and experience needed for Network Engineer:
• Solid experience required in delivering IT technical services within a medium to
large MSP organisation
• Solid experience of Managed Services
• Solid working knowledge of ITIL processes
• Experience in working with vendors and/or 3rd parties
• Knowledge of WAN, SDWAN, WLAN, LAN networking disciplines across major tier 1
technologies, together with how these integrate with broader IT&S infrastructures
• Knowledge of how these services connect and enable End Users to perform work related
tasks through connecting to server and storage platforms
• Ability to communicate and work across different cultures and social groups
• Ability to plan activities and projects well in advance, and takes into account
possible changing circumstances
• Ability to work well in a pressurised environment
• Ability to apply active listening techniques such as paraphrasing the message to
confirm understanding, probing for further relevant information and refraining from
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Ability to place client at the forefront of all interactions, understanding their
requirements and creating a positive client experience throughout the total client
As a Network Support engineer you will have:
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Service Desk environment
• Desirable – Minimum 2 years working for an MSP
• Good organisational and decision-making skills
• Analytical, with exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to communicate with
accuracy and clarity both verbally and written
• Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
• Must be a team player
• Learning based agility
• Self-motivated, disciplined and enthusiastic
• Highly motivated with ability to work under own initiative, making decisions to
benefit our client
• Aptitude for understanding and solving problems
• Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and fast changing environment with a proven
• Willing to travel for work purposes
• A full driving license – preferably clean
• Advanced diploma, degree or relevant qualification in IT/Computing (or demonstrated
equivalent work experience)
• ITIL certification
• ACSA (Aruba)
• Moderate level knowledge in ticketing tools
• 22 days basic holiday (increasing to a maximum of 25 days)
• Company pension scheme
• Healthcare plan
• Personalised career development plan
• Bonus scheme
40 hours per week Monday – Friday in Croydon.
Global Technology Solutions are always receiving new opportunities for both permanent and contract IT jobs. To stay up to date with new job opportunities, register with GTS.Back to Jobs