Network Engineer 5046
£45,000 - £65,000
Fantastic opportunity for Network Engineer – NOC to join a large IT services organisation located in Hampton, Peterborough.
Salary £45,000-65,000 DOE
Hours: 7.5 hours a day, Mon-Fri working between the hours of 8:00-18:00
Location: Hybrid role working 2 days from the office and 3 days remotely
Knowledge & Experience:
• At least 3 years experience in a similar SLA driven role
• Proven Customer service skills
• Proven experience delivering projects and complex changes.
• Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas.
• Extensive knowledge working within a Cisco Switch/Router environment.
• Expert level knowledge in at least one of the following firewall vendors.
– Palo Alto
– Cisco ASA / Firepower
– Netscaler / F5 Loadbalancers
– Cisco Nexus
– HP Switching
– Cisco Wireless (Troubleshooting AireOS and Catalyst controller-based deployments)
– Cisco DNA / SDWAN troubleshooting
– Knowledge of the ITIL change process
– Security Clearance (SC) advantageous
• Good communication skills, verbal and written.
• Punctual and reliable.
• Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual.
• Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution, or to identify when escalation is necessary.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work in a team and support team members
• Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, and establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
Actively seek to improve and grow my own skills and knowledge base in appropriate technologies to pass industry-standard certifications.
Main purposes of the role:
Respond and action work packages logged by Transition and Design
Respond and action pre-requisite activities logged by Design and Transition
Learn and deploy required internal tool sets in line with Service Design.
Work with team members to ensure a managed workload.
Provide assistance to Team members and Analysts as required.
Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Managers/Service Delivery Managers.
Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
Work with consultants to better understand issues and resolutions.
Provide technical assistance to ongoing projects and the transition of new customers when required.
If you have the outlined skills and experience and you have been looking for IT Jobs Peterborough, please apply now!
Global Technology Solutions are always receiving new IT Jobs Peterborough and other locations, For both permanent and contract. To stay up to date with new job opportunities, please register with GTS nowBack to Jobs