Network Infrastructure Support Engineer – CISCO/Aruba
We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Infrastructure Support Engineer to join a well established organisation in Vale of Glamorgan on an initial 6 week contract.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure the availability of network and unified communications systems which underpin the provision of all services.
• Administer the network across all sites, schools and shared facilities including the provision of networks, unified and mobile communications, network security and network services.
• Complete and close ICT Service Desk calls within specified service levels, and ensure appropriate and timely communication with end users.
• Track the completion and closure of ICT Service Desk calls within the Networks and Communications Team.
• Provide ICT network and telecoms services including wide area networking, web content filtering, managed firewall and network applications.
• Maintain ICT communications rooms and ensure compliance with best practice for the provision of power, air conditioning, network and server cabinets, and lighting.
• Ensure that network infrastructure complies with best practice security configurations and external security requirements including Payment Card Industry (PCI) and the Public Sector Network (PSN) Code of Connection (CoCo).
• Oversee ICT Health Checks (or Penetration tests) on an annual basis or as and when required.
• Maintain expert knowledge and advanced skills in the use of any computer technology that is within the responsibility of the post holder’s team; principally Network and Unified / Mobile Communications management.
• Investigate opportunities for convergence of the network infrastructure with other infrastructure
• Provide expert advice, guidance and support on Network and Unified / mobile Communications systems
Special Requirements of the Position
• Although the role is largely office based there will be regular work in disagreeable conditions such as in air conditioned comms rooms, up ladders, on roofs, in under floor and ceiling voids, and with very high voltages.
• The role requires the lifting of very heavy equipment including uninterruptable power supplies, and networking and server equipment. Particular care must be taken with regard to health and safety.
• ICT Infrastructure support often requires working at evenings and weekends when systems are available for maintenance and this post will require an occasional amount of evening, night and weekend work.
• Because of the critical nature of this work exigencies of the service will require the working of overtime from time to time
• To participate in the team’s Out of Hours on Call Rota and work evenings/weekends in accordance with the needs of the Service.
• Working within a busy Network department you will be supporting LAN and WAN technologies including Aruba, Fortinet, F5 and Cisco products You must have working experience in all of these areas
So if you are a Network Infrastructure Support Engineer please apply today!Back to Jobs