Part time service desk analyst
Part time service desk analyst
GTS has a great opportunity for a Part-time service desk analyst / Call Centre Administrator to join a large IT organisation based in Hampton, Peterborough.
The working hours will be Monday-Friday 10:00am-2:00pm with a 15 minute break. There will be an opportunity to work overtime on Saturday and Sunday as and when needed.
N.B this role will fall within IR 35 so applicants need to have right to work with no visa restrictions or British Passport.
responsibilities of Part time service desk analyst
• Regularly updating incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
• Proactively keeping Customers informed on incident or request status and progress.
• Escalate incidents where a first time fix is not possible to either 2nd line support or the relevant resolver group.
• Adhering to Incident management procedures.
• Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact and escalation where necessary.
• Keeping up to date with the current standard procedures.
• Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
• Escalate potential service issues initially with Shift Leader/Team Leader/Service Desk Manager /Service Delivery Manager
• Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
• Contributing to team meetings.
Qualifications and Education
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English.
• Good basic knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications.
• Proven Customer service skills
• Industry recognised qualifications in relevant area is desirable (i.e. MCP)
• Up to 6 months remote support experience of the following is desirable but not
•Experienced in supporting the following is desirable:
o Windows Operating Systems
o Cisco Telephony Systems
o Hardware troubleshooting (desktop, server, laptop)
o Application support of applications from major vendors such as Netapp, Cisco, Microsoft, etc
• Understanding of the ITIL framework and knowledge of the various associated
disciplines is desirable
• Working to SLAs and KPIs and to be able to accurately describe their purpose is
• Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution.
• Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport,
establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues
in a calm and polite manner.
• Ability to work under pressure and apply existing knowledge to unknown areas.
• Ability to work in a team and to support team members.
• Structured troubleshooting skills and inquisitive nature.
• Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
• Proactive thinking
• Problem management and Problem solving
If you are a charismatic Service Desk/ Call Centre Administrator, looking for a fantastic career opportunity then please apply now.
Global Technology Solutions are always receiving new opportunities for both permanent and contract IT jobs. To stay up to date with new job opportunities, please register with GTS.Back to Jobs