PC Engineer/Junior Desktop Support
PC Engineer / Junior Desktop support Engineer
We have an exciting job opportunity for a PC Engineer / Junior Desktop support Engineer to join a well-established organisation in Newcastle on an initial 9 month contract with potential extensions.
This role is inside IR35 – Umbrella contractors only
**Role is fully site based **
Basically Desktop support of PCs, Laptops, Printers, Mobiles – Office 365, Windows OS, driver issues, network connectivity etc. Ideally familiar with ticketing systems as well.
PC Engineer role:
• Deliver first class service and problem resolution for customer issues.
• Provide timely communication on issue status and resolution.
• Maintain ticket updates for all reported incidents.
• Install, upgrade, and troubleshoot Windows OS, Microsoft Office and other desktop applications.
• Install, upgrade, maintain and troubleshoot for printers and other IT assets.
• Perform preventative maintenance tasks on computer hardware.
• Complete remedial repairs on Desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and other peripheral equipment
• Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software.
• You will have a minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Windows Desktop support.
• Experience in:
o Windows 7-10, Microsoft Active Directory, utilization of GPOs, MS Office 365, PC hardware installation and troubleshooting, Enterprise anti-virus solutions, Helpdesk ticketing systems (e.g. ServiceNow).
o Mobile device management including IOS and Android devices, Enterprise encryption solutions, Windows PC/laptop management via Active Directory.
• Proven analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
• The ability to multi-task, effectively determine priorities and meet SLA’s.
• Excellent communication, rapport building and internal customer service skills.
Global Technology Solutions are always receiving new opportunities for both permanent and contract IT jobs. To stay up to date with new job opportunities, please register with GTSBack to Jobs