Project Manager -local Government experience – Remote
£400 per day
Slough - or Remote
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join a well-established company in slough.
This role can be remote if required
**O365 rollout experience desirable**
**previous local government experience required**
JOB DESCRIPTION: Project Manager (PM)
The PM will be responsible for end-to-end management of one or more projects. The projects may be internal or for the customer and may be local or global in scope. The role will require some travel and flexibility to work from other company locations.
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
• Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
• Minimises our exposure and risk on project.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
• Manages project budget.
• Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
• Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
• Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
• Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
• Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
• Assures project legal documents (e.g., SOW) are completed and signed.
• Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
• Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping and LOE assessments.
• Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively face to face or virtually across multiple time zones
• Holds regular status meetings with project team.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Possesses a sound understanding of Project Management principles.
• Possesses general understanding in the area of CRM
• Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
• Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on projects
• Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
• Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
• Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
• Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
• Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
• Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
• Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
• Manages day-to-day client and stakeholder interaction.
• Sets and manages client and stakeholder expectations.
• Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
• Communicates effectively with clients/stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
• Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
• Leads internal teams/task forces
• Approves team members’ time and expense reports in a conscientious and timely manner.
• Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
• Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
Note: Client/customer refers to both internal and external customers.
– The successful candidate will have experience of all or most of the above areas.
– Graduate degree in Business, Maths, Science or Engineering.
– PMI PMP, APMP, PRINCE2 or similar certification will be an advantage.
– A proven track record of successful project implementation – 4-5 years of experience.
– Team management experience; comfortable managing in a matrix environment project teams of up to 20 people.
– Excellent client facing skills.
– Experience of the whole project life cycle, from Initiate to Close.
– Thorough knowledge of MS Project.
– The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines.
– The ability to have a strong impact and influence key decisions.
– Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
– Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability.
– Attention to detail.
– Good communication and negotiation skills.
– Understanding of budget control.
– Technical skills relevant to the project.
– Good IT skills.
If you are a Project Manager looking for your next exciting contract please apply today!Back to Jobs