Sales Consultant – ICT Services 5083
£50,000 - £70,000
Sales Consultant – ICT Services
Perm – £50,000 – £70,000. + Uncapped Bonus and Car Allowance
Hybrid – Reading based offices. 2-3 days per week onsite.
This Sales Consultant – ICT Services role is at senior sales level person will be responsible for meeting and exceeding the sales target and performance objectives directly aligned with the strategy for ICT services. They will sell ICT products, solutions and services to both existing print customers, along with new prospects and customers.
Sales Lead Creation and Pipeline Management
• Identify new (cold) business opportunities via multiple methods i.e. frameworks, researching the external market, utilisation of personal network, networking events, word of mouth, etc.
• Take ownership, develop and progress any personal leads created, including any leads provided by the business.
• Utilise tender portals and framework tender leads to identify and pursue high value ICT opportunities.
• Operate with selected external partner organisations to identify and pursue third party generated leads and referrals.
• Using the approved pricing models, build and regularly maintain comprehensive pipeline of prospective sales opportunities with identified prospects/clients. This could include, but is not limited to the following:
i. ICT Managed Services
ii. Professional & Consultancy Services
iii. Hardware & Software sales
• Ensure all leads, opportunities and client accounts are identified, managed and regularly updated on the Salesforce.com CRM platform.
• Be responsible for acting as the focal point for prospects, ensuring that the sales process is managed effectively. The process should also be fully documented through use of the established ISO quality procedures.
• Present, promote and sell products & services to existing and new prospective customers.
• Understanding customer requirements and translating this into an offering which will work well and in turn ensure repeat business.
• Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and existing customer relationships in person and via telephone calls and emails.
• Working collaboratively with other team members and the wider UK Group, to ensure that customer orders are delivered within agreed timeframes.
• Delivering agreed target on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Preparation and delivery of weekly forecasting and reporting to the ICT New Business Sales Manager to measure forecast v’s monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
• Building successful new business sales relationship with chosen ICT technology vendors.
• Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
• Assist in the development and implementation of marketing activities as needed.
• Able to understand and communicate own training and development needs.
• Ensures sign off for proposal presentations and RFP responses.
• Take ownership of preparation of proposals and presentations.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics.
• Active management of allocated customer accounts and liaison with operational teams as necessary.
• Able to interact and co-operate with all company employees to support the ongoing development of our cross‐selling activity.
• Any Sales Vendor/Supplier accreditations are to be maintained as directed by the company.
• Undertakes regular coaching sessions with ICT New Business Sales Manager to maintain motivation and selling skills.
• Contribution to and support the development of sales and marketing campaigns for ICT solution sales.
• Input where required into ICT proposition development and any associated industry sector messaging.
• General development and promotion into the UC market, making them an established and valued business partner of choice for companies wanting to transform their business processes and practices.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience within a sales role is essential, along with a prior knowledge of selling ICT solutions with the Corporate and Public Sectors.
• Ability to demonstrate previous success in personally preparing, submitting and taking ownership of detailed tender/ITT submissions for public and corporate sectors and subsequently winning the business.
• Ability to demonstrate previous success in working within a targeted Sales environment and negotiating to close profitable business.
• Previous experience of working in a cross-functional environment and building successful relationships with cross-functional teams.
• Previous experience in a commercial environment of project planning and successful implementation.
• Previous experience of establishing and developing customer relationships to a senior (C) level.
• Highly IT Literate, with experience in a CRM system such as Salesforce.com or a bespoke equivalent, and a good degree of competency in MS Office packages to include Excel, Word, MS Project, Teams and PowerPoint.
• Ability to retrieve and analyse data, able to produce reports to a professional standard.
• Able to take a planned and organised approach to workload, prioritise urgent tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines and work with the required level of attention to detail.
• Strong and confident communicator, with the ability to communicate with others in a professional and business-like manner.
• Demonstrable presentation and negotiation skills to a high level, with the ability to influence and inspire others.
• Ability to work as a genuine team player (not just within the sales function) to maximise all opportunities.
IF you have the outlined skill and experience for this Sales Consultant – ICT Services role, please apply,Back to Jobs