SC cleared SCCM / Software Distribution engineer
SC Cleared SCCM/ Software Distribution Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a SCCM/ Software Distribution Engineer to join well established blue chip organisation based in Chorley Lancashire.
As a SCCM/ Software Distribution engineer you will become a key member of a growing, hands-on IT design team utilising tools and techniques for technologies that deliver to multiple clients of national interest.
Our client are looking for Software Distribution specialists and experts who are currently looking to expand their knowledge and skills. You will apply those skills to:
• Utilise a broad spectrum of technology to produce part or all of the technical
solution for our client’s customers;
• Apply depth and breadth of technical knowledge and be individually responsible for
the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise.
• Contribute to knowledge tools and communities, and ensure learnings are shared for
As a SCCM/ Software Distribution Engineer your Core Skills and Experience will be as follows:
• Specialist or expert knowledge of the Software Distribution product suite over
multiple product versions, including (but not limited to) Radia/HPCA, SCCM, AppV or
other enterprise software distribution toolsets. Skills to include full coverage of
product from packaging concepts to enterprise wide software distribution
• Experience of design, implementation and support of Software Distribution solutions
for multiple environments.
• Good level of exposure to both physical and virtual environments.
• Ability to produce design documentation artifacts including higher level designs,
lower level designs, installation and operation guides as well as technical notes
and knowledge base documentation within medium to large scale Software Distribution
solutions, considering infrastructure and environmental factors.
• Experience of capacity and performance analytics which can be drawn from when making
customer recommendations in order to ensure Software Distribution solutions are
efficient and optimally scaled.
• Experience of working within project life cycle frameworks.
• Ability to take participate in, or take ownership of a large scale project and
liaise with the customer to contribute to the technical design of customer
• Knowledge of SQL scripting
• Knowledge of Powershell scripting
• Patch management and end point breakfix
• MS patch schedules (import and stage patch deployments) using WSUS and SCCM
As a SCCM/ Software Distribution Engineer you will have the following desirable Skills and
Significant professional experience (+3yrs) or degree in computer science or related area of study and 1yr experience.
• Working knowledge of desktop and server computer systems, storage, network and
• Basic/moderate Scripting skills to support relevant software distribution toolset.
• Good understating of network protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, TCP etc..)
• Experience of producing automated and unattended installations of Operating Systems
and applications using software distribution toolsets.
• Microsoft certifications in relevant technical areas preferred but not essential
• ITIL Accreditation preferred but not essential
• Understanding of APPv4.6 and APPv5 deployments
• Knowledge of VB Scripting
• Basic knowledge of AD and LDAP and how to query
So if you are a SCCM / Software Distribution Engineer looking for your next exciting career move please apply now!
N.B candidates ideally will have current SC clearance or be prepared to undergo this but must hold a British passport.Back to Jobs